• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are some of the coolest courses with throwing over water, etc.

hole 15 at northvalley in Invergrove heights minnesota, if you even wanna par this your looking at a 400 footer across water which will leave you with a nice little 200 foot upshot, I only use discs i don't care about, my buddy on the other hand prefers to putt putt it around the lake for a sixer, btw i'm gonna go out there with a rake one day and see if there is alot of plastic in there, hole ten also travels across a marshy area of this pond.
http://playdg.com/courses/?s=MN&c=northvalley&h=15

hole 15 at northvalley in Invergrove heights minnesota, if you even wanna par this your looking at a 400 footer across water which will leave you with a nice little 200 foot upshot, I only use discs i don't care about, my buddy on the other hand prefers to putt putt it around the lake for a sixer, btw i'm gonna go out there with a rake one day and see if there is alot of plastic in there, hole ten also travels across a marshy area of this pond.
http://playdg.com/courses/?s=MN&c=northvalley&h=15

I have lost 2 discs in that pond.

btw that hole especially is ridiculous. The teepad for it is about as long as my foot. And there is no "drop zone" <400'

2009 bump.

Keep posting your cool water shot pictures! This was before Selah.

Selah Lakeside #7
ac8d72d5.jpg

af6c056e.jpg

Selah Creekside #16
fb3d5c62.jpg

Selah Creekside #18
5fd55bd9.jpg

Creekside's front 9 has some nice ones too.

I have lost 2 discs in that pond.

btw that hole especially is ridiculous. The teepad for it is about as long as my foot. And there is no "drop zone" <400'
That's been hole 11 for many years. Has a long tee pad and two concrete drop zone pads, the second which is the Red (short) tee where you don't throw over water.

Short pin off to the right; long pin in the distance, beyond the boat, requiring two water carries:
13 Pond.jpg

The course I play when down in Clearwater is Cliff Stephens Park, take a moment and look at the layout. 18 water holes of the 24 plus you can throw. On a windy day bring extra disc, you're going to lose one or two. Not because there are no safe landing zones but because the wind grabs them and tosses them in the drink.

I was never so happy to be a lefty with a righty flick.

Flyboy #3 has to be one of the prettiest views down the fairway anywhere.
:thmbup:

And it stays that way for what seems like a mile and a half, giving you plenty of time to think about what you're going to do when you get to the lake.

Canaan #13 in Rock Hill and Trophy Lakes #11 and #12 on Johns Island.

Attachments

• C468DB4D-7758-4DD7-A180-1F64BC35250B.jpg
    C468DB4D-7758-4DD7-A180-1F64BC35250B.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 7F0E659E-0B3F-4106-930F-952DD0A2BEAC.jpg
    7F0E659E-0B3F-4106-930F-952DD0A2BEAC.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 37
Hole 18 at Tar River in Franklinton, NC is a beauty.

Attachments

• 1c6b7b79.jpg
    1c6b7b79.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 38
I love that hole at Stoney Hill.

Thanks. There aren't many holes out there where you clear the water.....and aren't yet done trying to clear the water. (Flyboy has one, at least for the sub-350' arms).

I prefer this kind of picturesque...

discgolf-atd-071213-1.jpg

The ob left on this one is even worse than a pond...

Hole 2 The Willows in Winona Minnesota. One of the better holes I have seen for over the water. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=799&mode=ci

Picture 2 shows why the hole is amazing but not the best as that is on hole 3 looking up at Suggarloaff above a Hospital. When I stayed there last year for family reunion the Hotel was just below Suggarloaf and next to a old old industrial buliding for Rock mining that was fromerly not used into a antique Store in the early 1990's.

39a7818c.jpg

898e1eb1.jpg

media.php

2de45cd7.jpg

Last edited: