• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are some of the coolest courses with throwing over water, etc.

I've always liked hole 8 blue tee at Lochness in Blaine, MN. When you step up to the tee in summer, you probably can't see the pin. It looks like you're supposed to throw down the entire lake to....somewhere, but it actually needs to cut in to the right through the trees. Even with a good shot, you can hit a tree right on the edge and rebound in the water. Hole 5 is also a great water hole, 2 sections of marsh/pond to avoid with careful throws. This course is like a mini tour of Minnesota terrain, except no elevation change unfortunately, and crappy tees.

146a0ec7.jpg

aca7de23.jpg

With unique scenic surroundings that maybe are just around you or that you have to throw over? Like water, etc...

I know what I want to say but I can't really say it right. Just unique and amazing surroundings.
Great Blue Heron DGC in Norwalk, Ohio does a nice job with water. It isn't in play on every hole, but it is used differently every time it is used.

That last hole over the water (23? 24?), I cleared* it once.

*Totes got over the water, but not over the trees just beyond. Sploosh.

Latest posts