• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are the 6 best selling discs from each company.

i know right now they can keep blizz boss on the shelf only because they have seemly hundereds daily at marshall st.

innova, boss, roc, destroyer, tee bird, aviar, valk and firebird real close i bet

discraft, nuke, force, buzz, wasp, stalker, comet

gateway, wizard, demon, speed demon, slayer, magic

lat 64, pure, core, saint, river, halo, xxx

discmania, maniac, fiend, jackal, hysteria, chaos, frenzy

mvp, anode, ion, axis, vector, soon to be volt

Thanks a lot guys.

This info will really help out a lot.He'll be pretty stoked when I surprise him with a top seller list.

That store needs to lower the prices a bit and sell a better variety of plastics. They also need to get latitude 64 gold line plastic in. The look of those discs sell themselves. The last time I was in there they were selling star plastic for $18. That eats up a $20 by the time you add TN tax to it. they also need a small x out section for people who are on the fence about trying a new mold.

This is probably his biggest issue...Small retailers who order small quantities pay higher prices for their plastic. Unfortunately selling more variety is probably not going to help him, only leave him with more unsold inventory on the shelves. Also, as someone else mentioned, he will have to go through a third party vendor to get a lot of stuff, which means it will cost him more. This means these newer discs are going to have an even bigger price tag.

My advice would be to stock Innova/Discraft's most popular discs (that you can buy in quantity to get a better deal). It may not be a bad idea to do an MVP order (the discs are eye candy for impulse buys)...They have a flat wholesale price that gives smaller vendors the same prices as the big boys.

I agree with Discspeed on this. Innova/Discraft is his best bet. Maybe stock up on some Wizards, MVP, River/Saint if he wants to spice it up a little but I wouldn't go crazy with the other company's until he's in a comfortable position.

Goal : increase sale
Action to take :
1- get as many Blizzard anf Ti disc as possible
2- get some eye candy like lat 64 gold line or some westside
3- have a cheapo section where people can buy disc in baseline plastic for cheap and even x-outs
4- get some Gateway putters and advertisr them as being the best putters in the world, gripwise and everything. If you manage to convince some of your good clients, it could be profitable because I'm sure Gateway has some sweet deals for shops.

Honestly, even if he sticks to Innova and Discract (and maybe add one exotic company), your friend should be able to move more plastic this way.

What was its current strategy?

Is this an Alpine Ski Center by any chance? The one in Greenville SC had the best variety in the area. I'm sure Academy sold more discs but the Alpine there had great variety. They would also sponsor local tourney's etc. They even had some Gateway putters with the logo stamped on them. If it is an Alpine I would suggest that the manager in the TN store call the manager of the SC store and compare notes.

The one in SC didn't carry every mold and every Mfg, but they had a lot of each. I think they had Innova, Discraft, Gateway, MVP and maybe some Vibram. but the guys in there that knew about dg new how to sell the stuff.

innova:

aviar
roc
firebird
teebird
leopard
destroyer

discraft:

buzzz
predator
stalker
nuke
challenger
force

This is probably his biggest issue...Small retailers who order small quantities pay higher prices for their plastic. Unfortunately selling more variety is probably not going to help him, only leave him with more unsold inventory on the shelves. Also, as someone else mentioned, he will have to go through a third party vendor to get a lot of stuff, which means it will cost him more. This means these newer discs are going to have an even bigger price tag.

My advice would be to stock Innova/Discraft's most popular discs (that you can buy in quantity to get a better deal). It may not be a bad idea to do an MVP order (the discs are eye candy for impulse buys)...They have a flat wholesale price that gives smaller vendors the same prices as the big boys.

I agree with Discspeed on this. Innova/Discraft is his best bet. Maybe stock up on some Wizards, MVP, River/Saint if he wants to spice it up a little but I wouldn't go crazy with the other company's until he's in a comfortable position.

Is this an Alpine Ski Center by any chance? The one in Greenville SC had the best variety in the area. I'm sure Academy sold more discs but the Alpine there had great variety. They would also sponsor local tourney's etc. They even had some Gateway putters with the logo stamped on them. If it is an Alpine I would suggest that the manager in the TN store call the manager of the SC store and compare notes.

The one in SC didn't carry every mold and every Mfg, but they had a lot of each. I think they had Innova, Discraft, Gateway, MVP and maybe some Vibram. but the guys in there that knew about dg new how to sell the stuff.

They have MVP, Discraft, Innova, Vibram, and Gateway. They have a decent selection in each. The PROBLEM is that they are too expensive and are slow to get the new stuff in. No Lat or westside hurts them too!

Yes, anything in Blizzard (especially Bosses) will sell like crazy. Also GL Latitude will catch the eye of many beginners and experienced players alike.

If you're trying to increase sales, discs like the boss, destroyer, katana and nuke are the way to go. Chuckers and new players buy a lot more plastic than experienced players and the high speed drivers sell like crazy to that population.

This. newer players go through every driver hoping for the perfect disc. They loose more drivers as well.

i would think Innova would be

1) Boss
2) Groove
3) Katana
4) Destroyer
5) Wraith

Maybe i have a skewed view living in CA, but the majority of the people who play disc golf here have 1 disc and it's usually one of those 5 in either Dx, champ, or blizzard

I would guess that the Volt, Tesla, and Inertia are MVP's current top sellers. The Ion and Anode might round out the top 5.

Tell him to encourage people to bring in trades; he can make 100% profit easy.

I would recommend that he offer deals on beginner 3 packs and a beginner FADE bag. In addition, offer lots of 150 class discs in pretty colors for the ladies. I'm not saying ladies can't/don't throw max weight, but I bet that's what would sell.

I would personally be more likely to frequent a brick n mortar shop that stocked tried and true molds in popular plastic - it is extremely disappointing to show up and find out a place is out of KC rocs.

Latest posts