• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are your expectations?

I have been playing for a long time and it seems age robs me of distance as form, new technique and better discs increases it. But, I am expecting to manage the course. With a shorter arm, to compete, I need to play smart and maximize what my arm and the course give me. I step to the shot seeing the shape of the shot needed and the landing spot expected. I really do have expectations of hitting that spot most of the time. Does not always happen, but that was not the question.

I expect the new mcpro will solve the release point issue I have with my wizard/magic. Fan of p/a hated the plstic

All expectations are dashed after switching hands. Went from throwing end zone to goal post right-handed, forehand and back and a thumber that went 270' and growing, to a left-handed backhand that goes on average 210'... and it's not pretty. I expect I'll keep trying. I do find myself daydreaming of having the option of throwing either with equality. My left handed forehand is hilarious, though.... Half the problem is I can't keep a straight face because I know I must look afflicted. What would people be golfing for, if not fun? I realize I don't want to know.

I expect to make my next shot of the round my best executed and smartest one thus far.

That's all I expect of myself during the round

After the round, I expect to look back on time well spent.

I was thinking about this the other day. It wasnt that long ago(sept 2011) where a 6 or 7 over at reedy creek was a good round but now if I dont shoot under I am extrely disappointed and I expect myself to shoot well under par.

I find myself upset on any course(except maybe renny gold or somthing) where I dont end up near par or under. Most of my expectations have grown as my putting got better. I used to be worried about the simplest of putts but now I find myself expecting to make everything 20' and in(not that I do) and I get upset when I miss one that close.

I just hope I can look back next year and say wow my game has improved even more. We will see how things progress

finally, someone who really gets this game!

I agree. I usually get around par or under par most of the courses I play. However, I never expect to do well. Enjoying myself is the most important part. If I do happen to play well, that's just an added bonus. :)

Still expecting to find the magical discs that lets me throw 400'+ and sink 30'+ putts. Until then I'll keep trying to have fun.

For me pushing myself and getting better is where the fun is. I am extremely laid back when I play but under the surface I am really focused and intent on getting better.

I expect to do better every time I go out to the course and enjoy myself. Disc golf has been a godsend for me.

Sorry but I'm gonna get a little sappy. My best friend introduced me to disc golf right after my grandmother passed away and everything was incredibly stressful. Disc golf became a release and a way to take a break. I pick up my bag and trade it for the weight of the world on my shoulders.

So when I'm out on the course, I expect to enjoy it. I expect myself to keep that in mind. I expect a break from the world, so that afterwards I can jump back in rejuvenated.

Courses and holes are so different, it's really difficult to say that I expect to get a 2 on anything under 300' or a 3 on anything under 400'.

However, at this stage of my game, I expect to be focused and consistent when i need to be.

I expect to throw the shot i visualize pre-shot. The more times that happens, the better my score will be, and the better I play, the more fun it is to play.

100% truth be told, usually I'm STOKED for par :|

Going under in a round on a regular? :doh: I wish

Courses and holes are so different, it's really difficult to say that I expect to get a 2 on anything under 300' or a 3 on anything under 400'.

However, at this stage of my game, I expect to be focused and consistent when i need to be.

This is what Jrawk must have meant by a lot of us play easy courses. I've never seen a 400ft wooded hole, so I can't say I'd get a 3 on it. Looking at the course photos of Reedy Creek (mentioned a few posts ago), I would expect to par that course, on the normal layout. My scorecard might say otherwise at the end of the round, but that's what I would assume I'd score there.

I guess this thread was spawned by a certain confidence I'm starting to feel when I step on the teepad. It feels pretty good to no longer be at the point where you look at that basket far away, and feel, "There's no way I can get there." Now I can say, "I got this"

I finally feel like I can play this game.

There's been alot of this talk lately with the guys I play with. I've been frustrated lately because I think I should be able to par everything. I expect to be able to throw fast discs really far, and put shots in the spots they need to be. I haven't played all that long but I'm still really disappointed with my game. Now I seem to be developing a shoulder issue, which I feel will really raise my scores even more. I'm hoping that I can find a nice groove when spring gets here, but I have to admit I've considered giving it up due to the frustration of not meeting my own expectations.

i expect to shoot under par at the majority of courses. except maybe big brother.

if you dont expect to shoot well, how are you ever going to improve? settling for par will make your game stagnate.

i expect to shoot under par at the majority of courses. except maybe big brother.

if you dont expect to shoot well, how are you ever going to improve? settling for par will make your game stagnate.

When your best round so far is +12 settling for par would be a great day for me.:D

I expect to make 20 or shorter putts. I expect to hit some trees. I expect to griplock at least two drives so badly that people a couple of holes over have to duck. I also expect to have the best time of the day.:D