• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are your go to discs?

Z Buzzz 175-176
Beat Z Predator (I've had it for so long I don't know the weight) - love this disc for both FH/BH
Z Nuke SS 173-174 (unless there's a head wind)

Things have changed, except I still use that same Buzzz. Lost the Predator!!! :thmbdown:

Right now I think I have a lot of "go to" discs. Depends on the line: Champ Katana, ESP Surge, Star Beast, Star Teebird, Z Undertaker, Ti Zone

Wizard (Med)
Proline Firebird
11x Teebird
Star Destroyer

Those 4 discs cover 90%+ of shots.

More often than not I play with 6 discs or less, unless there are serious water hazards. The other discs vary based on the course, and are most likely a Buzz SS, Pearly Orc, DX Pegasus, Champ Destroyer, 10X KC Leopard and/or a second Wizard.

When I used to have time to play tourneys, I'd usually have all of those and a couple of others--a flippy TL, a flippy Star Destroyer. Touch drivers get added last to my bag.

Harp
Comet
Kaxe Z
River

I could pare my bag down to these and play pretty well, I think. Not that I want to do that but it would definitely make a good small bag for traveling or something.

90% of all shots on the course are handled by buzz (mid straight), champ xd (short and straight), beat to snot dx xd(upshots<100'/putts). most courses have almost all shots 250-325 and those discs cover everything I need in that range.

SSS VooDoo
Evolution Warrior
Renegade (I actually carry 3 one stable, one neutral, one understable)

putting putter: Soft Ion
driving putter: Soft Proxy
mid: Vector
fairway: Crave
distance: Mayhem

Fission Volt (by far my favorite driver)

I traveled to Lake Tahoe last weekend and played five courses around the lake, which is about 6200 feet above sea level. The courses were all wooded and were relative short (compared to what I am used to). Many holes were in the 300-350 feet range and many of the ones that were longer had significant, downhill elevation changes and played like they were in that range. 80% of my drive off the tee on these holes were with a Fission Volt despite having a Tern and Destroyer in my bag.

When I am back home in the Deep South and on mostly flat land (by comparison to mountain courses) I throw my Tern on most 330+ holes and my Plasma Amp on most of the 290-330 holes. I don't even carry a Volt in the bag. I was a bit surprised how much I used that Volt on my trip.

Anyway,

Champion Tern
Plasma Amp
Pro Squall
Neutron Envy
Electron Atom

I comfortably (to my style) play any course with those 5 discs. High wind or elevation will change that go-to lineup.

The real gotos:
Dx Aviar
Pro Leopard

The I wanna tell you about the rest of my bag anyways:
Drives where control is critical: ESP Buzz/DX Roc/Gator (depends on the specifics)
Long Downhill Shots: JK Pro Valk
Headwind Shots & Spike Hyzers: DX Eagle X
Looks damn sexy: Pink and Green Axiom Clash

How do you like the Pro Leopard? I use the Star and GStar and was curious.

Driver = Polaris LS (Supplemented with a QPLS)
Fast mid = Impact (most thrown disc)
Slow mid = Aurora (Supplemented with a QMS)
Putter = Lightning #2 (But it could easily be a Wizard or Aviar)
General shots = Aero (Just cuz I like them)

As long as I can get these discs in the weights I like I doubt I'll change anything in my bag. I don't even look at new stuff anymore.

Putter - 4S Wizard
Mids - DX Gator and Z Meteor
Drivers - 11x Teebird and a pink 1st run Icon Rival

Putting putter - Colt
Driving/upshot putter - Rhyno
Mid - Roc3
Fairway - Teebird
Driver - Heat

Rhyno could be a Zone on a different day, or a Wedge on another
Roc3 could be a FT Roc
Driver is usually a Heat, but my Lace was doing some serious work yesterday

putting putter: Soft Ion
driving putter: Soft Proxy
mid: Vector
fairway: Crave
distance: Mayhem

You prefer driving the Proxy over the Envy? Just curious given your power I would assume the Envy would work more naturally.

Putting Putter - P-Line P2
Throwing Putter - XT Nova
Midrange (Backhand) - Star Roc3
Midrange (Sidearm) - Frontline-X Mortar
Fairway Driver - Champion Teebird
Control Driver - Star Thunderbird
Distance Driver - Star Destroyer

Putter- Discraft Magnet D
Mid - Buzzz OS X
Fairway - Pro Leopard
Distance - Discraft Avenger X
Touch - Discraft Mantis X