• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What area produces the best disc golfers?

I've only been to northern Ohio once but I enjoyed it. Of course the majority of my time there was spent at Cedar Point.

Oh really? It would be great if you could point out once where I brought up NC and hyped it. The only times I've mentioned NC in this thread was commenting on somebody elses post. I just put up the facts and asked questions.

...or are you just really mad I took a shot at Cali?

I learned to play in NC...so not really.

Schusterick recent got beat in a tourney by a Cincinnati guy: Cyrus Furhmann. Also, 3x world putting champion, Dave Cox is a Cincinnati guy I'm told (haven't met him yet :( )

the fact that some guys have moved and didn't learn the game where they currently reside is a very valid argument.

though look at it from the other way, what about the areas where top disc golfers are moving to is so intriguing? is the scene in NC or Cali so much more appealing that guys want to move there?

I'd say this sounds likely---better groupings of ostensibly better courses, with more amenable weather for the winter than, say, WI, MI, OR, OH.
Its similar to the fact that many great whitewater kayakers move to the Columbia Gorge---with 2 rivers that run all year due to springs, you can paddle Class II+ to V+ all year long.

Seems like apples and oranges to me.
The OP talked about rankings and nearly everyone is making defenses of their position on the issue with ratings.

Do you understand the difference between rankings and ratings?

For example Joe Rovere is rated 1034. Tied with Climo for the 13th highest rating in the world yet he is unranked since he works and doesn't travel the world to play.

I'm not sure what conclusions can be drawn from rankings.

Latest posts