• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What can I do?

Umm have multiples of your favorite discs? Everyone loses discs...everyone finds discs. Get over it. How much do you think you may have spent on gas/time going to the course every day for a week and chillin' at the cop shop? Probably more than if you had just gone online and ordered a new Buzzz SS...or two of them.

The Circle of Plastic (cue Lion King music).

Well, as much as I agree with most of you guys about getting over it and buying another one, I still think it's pretty BM to find a disc and straight up sell it on ebay. When I find a disc on my local course, I try to find the owner on our Facebook group for instance, or will ask people around when I can.
Also, if someone contacted me telling me I was selling their disc, you bet I would find a way to verify that it's indeed the case (where did you loose it, course day etc...) and I would just return it...

I don't really understand why everyone is telling the op he is so wrong in thinking the guy was being a douchebag, cause I think he was. I would not go to war against someone if I was in the same situation, but I would still be upset, and rightfully so imho.

My two cents.

If I find a disc I check the general area first to see if it was a bad throw by someone. If there is a name and number I call the person so that we can discuss what to do/what will be done. If there is no name and/or number and the course has a lost and found, that's where the disc goes. If it doesn't have that... then I donate the disc.

I don't have facebook... and if you aren't going to take the time to mark your disc so that I can contact you easily, why should I spend a bunch of time trying to search the universe for you.

My discs have my name and cell phone number on them. I always appreciate it when I get a call from someone, and I always thank and reward them for their efforts.

Well, as much as I agree with most of you guys about getting over it and buying another one, I still think it's pretty BM to find a disc and straight up sell it on ebay. When I find a disc on my local course, I try to find the owner on our Facebook group for instance, or will ask people around when I can.
Also, if someone contacted me telling me I was selling their disc, you bet I would find a way to verify that it's indeed the case (where did you loose it, course day etc...) and I would just return it...

I don't really understand why everyone is telling the op he is so wrong in thinking the guy was being a douchebag, cause I think he was. I would not go to war against someone if I was in the same situation, but I would still be upset, and rightfully so imho.

My two cents.

I'm not saying you shouldn't make an effort to find the owner of a disc (ESPECIALLY searching the course when you find it), but putting a smiley face on a disc and then being unhappy when you see it being sold is kind of weak. Name/number...and hope/pray. It's just not worth getting in a twist over, as even with that info on all my discs, I would estimate I've got 10% of lost discs back...and I used to completely cover the back of the disc with a large name/number.

conclusion: losing discs is part of the sport, and you can't stop people from trying to make a buck, while being a d-bag about it...

I don't think people are telling the OP that "he is so wrong in thinking the guy was being a douchebag..." I think what people are telling him is that he can, 1) be upset, and perhaps rightfully so, and still be without his disc; or, 2) let it go, be more vigilant in the future, and get back to having fun on the course. Being "rightfully upset" still leaves you upset ... what do you get from that? Now, if this was the hill to die on, you might want to find out where the guy lives, swing by his place, and ... If it was worth it to you, that is.

Found a blizzard katana the other day with initials on it, why even bother putting initials on it? Does everyone who comes through the course know you by your initials? A phone number might helped... / Same day also found a sidewinder in a bee hive, reached in a grabbed it. I assume it was one of those things where they decided it would be best left where it was and gave up on it.

I don't know why people can't seem to realize that if they don't like the practice of people selling their lost plastic online, that they have means of dealing with those folks that are perfectly legal, don't necessarily involve the police, or "taking matters into their own hands". The OP has already more or less initiated that by outing the accused, and linking to one of his auctions.

I'm pretty sure this guy, much like our good friend 777salvage, does his disc salvaging in the same area. I'm sure he has found and sold other people's discs. Perhaps those people should get together and put the guy on watch. Turn the guy into a local pariah and you'll make it more trouble for him than its worth to be doing this.

Maybe print up some "dlazmdm's a DB" tee shirts? :p

^ You actually know stripper's names?

Some don't care to tell you... maybe only in big cities though. Good luck finding the "one" stripper named Sarah out of a half a million people...

And let's be real, you'd have an easier time finding the "one" stripper named Sparkles anyway

Found a blizzard katana the other day with initials on it, why even bother putting initials on it? Does everyone who comes through the course know you by your initials? A phone number might helped... / Same day also found a sidewinder in a bee hive, reached in a grabbed it. I assume it was one of those things where they decided it would be best left where it was and gave up on it.

You must uniquely mark your discs for tournament play. Most people use their initials or PDGA #, if they don't use their name and phone #. If you are of the buying/selling a lot kind of person, small initials can make the disc more desirable to future purchasers.

A smileyface just isnt really enough to prove it is yours. Put yourself in the sellers shoes. Someone contacts you about a disc you are selling on eBay and says that it is theirs becuase of the smiley face. To me thats not enough to make me believe that it is someones disc.

It sure as hell aint the sellers disc. He found it after all. There is no "finders keepers" law as far as I know. I'd feel so dirty selling stolen property, I'd have to go take a shower for the next few weeks.

But that's just me...

Latest posts