• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What did you get for the holidays (2017 edition)?

Nothing. In fact, no gifts for any of my family this year. There are much more important ways to spend money.

BriefEssentialHousefly-max-1mb.gif

But...she got me a sweet new baseball bat that probably set her back $150 shipped so I still did well!

Holy hell :eek:

That's like 7.5x more than I'm willing to spend on a ballcap. Probably closer to 10x

Anyhow, I never get any DG stuff, but it doesn't bother me. If I can't even find stuff I want in all the sales threads on here, my family sure as heck isn't going to find anything I throw.

Last edited:
I think this was the first year I didn't get/buy anything disc golf related (not that I'm complaining) Well, my sister did get me a rechargeable hand warmer, which is pretty sweet. My in-laws got me a set of gravity loungers for my screened in porch, which I'll be using a lot after long days of golf (when it gets warmer, that is)

Last edited:
Second DD bag I have received for Christmas from a particular relative. I don't have the heart to tell them I already have 2 carts and several bags. I will pay it forward though :)

This Christmas, I decided to sell off my Mahal, which wasn't easy, in favor of ordering an Octothorpe bag. What can I say, curiosity finally won out. After 2+ years of heavy use you could barely tell my Mahal had been on the course. What a quality bag! I expect much of the same from my new Pound backpack.

It looks like a lot of people received DD Troopers for Christmas on various disc golf forums. Having received one earlier in a tournament player pack, they appear to be a decent backpack for the price.

Nothing. In fact, no gifts for any of my family this year. There are much more important ways to spend money.

I agree there are more important ways to spend money but I also know there are many more ways to squander money. I have always felt Disc Golf is a righteous sport good for the body, mind, and spirit.

PS. Sometimes I question the good for the mind part though.

It looks like a lot of people received DD Troopers for Christmas on various disc golf forums. Having received one earlier in a tournament player pack, they appear to be a decent backpack for the price.

I've already loaded mine up. As somebody who had outgrown a Cadet, it's just about perfect. I couldn't justify spending $140 for a backpack, so this works out great.

This Christmas, I decided to sell off my Mahal, which wasn't easy, in favor of ordering an Octothorpe bag. What can I say, curiosity finally won out. After 2+ years of heavy use you could barely tell my Mahal had been on the course. What a quality bag! I expect much of the same from my new Pound backpack.

Please post up a comparison... they're tempting, but I still really like the Mahal. You're right, they're built like tanks.

New bag (see signature) & two discs, Cro and Orc. Was well happy considering my 8 year old picked out the discs because of colour!

My mom scored me a beautiful white with rainbow stamp 10 Year Destro from her local outdoor gear store. Left the price tag on which made me laugh, $15.95. Eat that Facebook.

I got a pair of Friction DG gloves, a new Buff, and a new water bottle. Used them all today and they were great. Shot even par at Wellspring in Burlington, NC, a new PB for that course. Also, got non-DG-related stuff; scotch, new pocketknife, lots of books, jeans, socks, music, among other things.

I've already loaded mine up. As somebody who had outgrown a Cadet, it's just about perfect. I couldn't justify spending $140 for a backpack, so this works out great.

I'll probably never sell mine as the cost of shipping prevents me from profiting much, unless I sell it locally. It's probably still too early to truly know if it's a great bang for your buck. DD has a storied history of first run deficiencies.

Latest posts