• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what disc/plastic needs to be made?

I've been building the ultimate disc golf cart, it is one of my hobbies. It started with a nice light aluminum framed jogging stroller with 20" BMX wheels and a parking brake. A soft sided cooler that works amazingly well (I've seen it keep ice unmelted for over 2 days) and that has a nice velcro opening flap can be seated and securely fastened (by bungee cords, for now) above the axle. It can hold 2 cases of beer cans, and keep them ice cold forever. A large aluminum fold-away dish rack purchased at IKEA is going to go on next, along with a tent to cover the discs that will sit snugly into the rack. A drop down stool is also going to be attached, so that you can sit beside it. Maybe a little table too.

In any case, a disc golf cart would be a good idea to develop at a commercial level. Lots of people have makeshift carts out on the courses already. If I can get the right components working together, I might even sell them myself. :mrgreen:

PICTURES ? I have a jeep stroller that I am looking to mod. Nothing like golfing with you ipod pounding through your stroller speakers :twisted:

DGA needs to make a: Sparkle Blowfly
Innova needs to make a: Groove GT
Gateway needs to make a: SSS clovertop Spirit
Discraft needs to make a: Big bead Magnet (ha)

Gateway: More consistent plastic or clear E plastic that isn't gummy
Discraft: Don't throw enough
Innova: More ludicrous speed drivers (in reality, premo plastic Gazelles)
Millenium: Overstable driver (Firebird/Predator category)

All: Mail me free samples of new discs and old favorites from time to time (one can wish).

pd

ferretdance03 said:
How 'bout some pics of this bad mamma jamma?

I'll take some soon. It is broken down in the trunk of my car at the moment.

Innova needs to make: A "distance" plastic, that flies as long as DX and grips like DX but breaks in a lot slower and more consistently in wide-rimmed drivers.

Discraft needs to make: A better baseline plastic. I have never been a fan of the feel or durability of Pro D. They also need a better competitor to Wizards and KC Pro Aviars than the Challenger.

Millenium needs to make: A fast, consistent, wind-fighting overstable driver. They have everything else that one needs for a complete bag.

Gateway needs to make: Better E plastic. From what I've seen, E drivers often start ridiculously overstable and then become super squirrelly and flippy.

All manufacturers need to refine their processes and plastics so that they can make each mold have more consistent flight characteristics. It sucks to buy two of the exact same disc and have them fly very differently. It makes finding replacements very difficult. At the very least, the same mold in the same plastic from the same run with similar dome and weights should fly in a very similar manner.

Innova: Teebirds need to be made in Depleted Uranium, so I can buy a set of 6 and use 'em for field practice. :twisted:
The SL's need ot be made in champ plastic as a regular production item.

Discraft: Needs to re-introduce photon glow plastic

Lightning: needs to quit making their discs out of used crayons.

Gtwy: needs to buy a vowel. :mrgreen:

Triplebogey said:
Innova: Teebirds need to be made in Depleted Uranium, so I can buy a set of 6 and use 'em for field practice. :twisted:

Let's see, that would make them about 1700 g.

Triplebogey said:
Discraft: Needs to re-introduce photon glow plastic

Sounds cool. Is it radioactive too? Bad for your health?

Triplebogey said:
Lightning: needs to quit making their discs out of used crayons.

No kidding. They should make some better discs too, while they're at it.

Triplebogey said:
Gtwy: needs to buy a vowel. :mrgreen:

Can they get an "i"?

Millenium: JLF!
Innova: Champ and Star Gazelles
Discraft: Elite X Flash
Gateway: Better driver molds (Assassin is step in right direction), Better premo plastic

Plastic: One that's flying perfectly for each mold and never changes flight characteristics.

Mold: For each disc minimalism article category a disc that the majority of the people could use that is at least on par with current class leaders preferably more forgiving like less nose angle sensitivity and flippy and more OAT and wind resistant than anything on the market. In short an equalizer between a new player and an old school touch master.

The justification in closing differences is to get more excitement in tournys when more people can compete/win. This is more viewer friendly as there's more to get excited about than the leader in worlds winning with two or three digits under par.

JHern said:
Triplebogey said:

Let's see, that would make them about 1700 g.

This would fit in with my solid gold 1745 pred

Reinforce your baskets while you CAN!! :twisted: