• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What disc(s) do you throw the most?

Unfortunately I wind up throwing my Buzzz more than anything else. I wish we had longer courses around me that allowed me to use some of my favorite discs like my River and Wraith and Boss and Katana. Those discs are a lot prettier to watch 'do their thing' than my boring Buzzz. Don't get me wrong, my Buzzz is money but it's rather boring to watch:)

If I can't pick a putter, it's definitely the buzzz, unless its a significantly longer course, then the glow gazelle

Champ Valkyrie or Sidewinder but the GL River is getting increasing attention. Love the glide.

depends on the course. Banger for 100' in. I've been throwing more of my esp XL lately on tighter shots and turnover shots and my esp Meteor for wooded courses where I need a long shot.

Overall I don't think there's any one particular disc I use more than another, except for my putters. Yesterday at Ephram White (wide open, 7000+ ft, rather windy) here was the breakdown of discs off the tee; Boss x9, Roc x2, Sidewinder x2, KC Teebird x5. Threw the Boss more than usual due to the wind.

Went out to Twin Parks Country Club yesterday for the first time, but couldn't remember what I threw each time cause of playing two new courses. Overall, I'd say I threw the Z XS the most with the Champ Teebird coming in second. Oddly, I didn't throw the X Stratus on either course, which was my previous most thrown disc. I also used the GL Fuse quite a bit because a lot of the holes were wooded and out of my controlled driver range for birdie so I'd just set it up with 2 midrange shots.

I think I'm going to have to buy a membership to the country club. That place was pretty sweet.

FR Mako fr the most part
Boss for long range

Dont know, is a straight roc with more glide and without the fade. I have come to ue it more then my rocs for the most part. Some of my discrap guys say its like a buzz but I dont know. The Mako truely is a great disc.

Dont know, is a straight roc with more glide and without the fade. I have come to ue it more then my rocs for the most part. Some of my discrap guys say its like a buzz but I dont know. The Mako truely is a great disc.

Say you're going for a 280-300' straight shot. Do you throw it flat and it stays flat with minimal fade (i.e. Buzzz) or do you give it a little bit of hyzer so it won't turn on you (i.e. Fuse).

p.s. didn't realize people were still on the discrap kick. That's sooooo 2010.

No wind? I put a little hyz on it but not much and no more then my rocs. I hear alot of people say they are flippy pieces of junk but I think they have other issues because they have plenty of stability.

It's less stable than a buzzz, but not as understable as a fuse or a comet. It reminds me of shorter stalker, just neutral. It goes where ever you throw it. Put it on a hyzer it holds the line, put it on an anny it holds the line, throw it straight it goes straight. It's a good disc if you have clean form and are more of a finesse player IMO. I could use it and make it do what I wanted but it didn't really fit my throwing style.

Say you're going for a 280-300' straight shot. Do you throw it flat and it stays flat with minimal fade (i.e. Buzzz) or do you give it a little bit of hyzer so it won't turn on you (i.e. Fuse).

p.s. didn't realize people were still on the discrap kick. That's sooooo 2010.

It should stay pretty flat. I think people think they are flippy b/c they are very sensitive to OAT. I liked my Fuse for anny's (now working a Buzzz SS) a Z Buzzz for straight to slight hyzer, Wasp for long hyzer, and Drone for a Utility, so I throw a lot of discrap.:thmbup:

The oat is the issue I see the most when guys dnt lke em