• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What disc(s) do you throw the most?

skurf

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
...excluding your putter.

I've decided to start using the scorecard feature more and in the notes section of each hole I'm putting what disc I used to drive and approach if it was more than 150'. I use my Cryztal Challenger for all putting and approaching within 150' so there's no point in counting those shots, but I will count the Challenger for shots over 150'.

I'm just going to keep a little running tally of which disc wins at which course. I've done this for 2 rounds so far: one 9 holer and one full 18. Out of those two rounds, the overall leader is the Elite-X Stratus with 7 total throws.

Circle C, Austin, TX
Z Flick - 5 (2 thumbers from tee, 1 bh skipper from tee, 1 fh from tee, 1 fh roller approach)

Westside Park, Marble Falls, TX (9 holer)
X Stratus - 3 (all hyzer-flip turn-overs, although I didn't want one of them to actually turn-over)

Overall:
X Stratus - 7 (all drives from tee- hyzer-flip to straight and hyzer-flip turnovers)

It will be interesting to see which discs are being thrown the most out there and I'm also curious to find out which disc(s) I'm using the most these days.

I dont keep that much track on the course. I mean, I gotta just cut loose and enjoy something.

Pretty easy to tell the last time out that it was my Teebird for the vast majority.

I dont keep that much track on the course. I mean, I gotta just cut loose and enjoy something.

Pretty easy to tell the last time out that it was my Teebird for the vast majority.

I don't keep track at the course either, but I find that if I enter the round into the scorebook within a day or two that I can replay the round in my mind as I'm entering my score and remember how I played out each hole.

I actually thought that my Champ Teebird (which I consider my money disc) would be my most used disc, and it still might, but I've actually only thrown it 4 times in those two rounds. I find it interesting that so far both of my most used discs are actually specialty discs and not what I would consider a main driver.

I have a banshee that is about 166g that I recently started throwing more bh, but for fh always the teerex.

If I'm not throwing a wizard, I'm usually throwing a roc. The only place I wouldn't use those two discs way more than everything else is an especially long course.

Dunno, never thought of keeping track of those stats. I might give it a try next time out.

Used to be Scorpions and Vipers until recently. Now I would say on shorter courses its my Makos...I carry a Champ and Star Mako. On longer courses it is my Katana and/or Wraith.

The Teebird for me. Allthough I do throw overstable stuff like a XXX or Shockwave all the time. It will be fun to count the throws and see.

If we aren't counting stuff under 150' (Aviar or Wizard for me), then it would be BuZzZ off the tee and then Demon for utility, get-out-of-trouble shots. Although I might use the Leopard more than the Demon...

If I'm not throwing a wizard, I'm usually throwing a roc. The only place I wouldn't use those two discs way more than everything else is an especially long course.

I wish I was like that but Im about the opposite. When I go to especially short courses, I will carry only my Magic. Theres one I go to and do that somewhat regularly. Gets me a few putter rounds in, but its more because the longest hole is like 260-270'

I like this idea. I just went through yesterday's round in my head. Discs I used most not counting putts (all Wizard): Flx Surge SS: 11 times, Z Buzzz: 8 times

Sidewinder, Teebird, and Aviar(I know no putters, but I use this guy for midrange length shots too) are the only 3 discs I use every single round and really the only ones I seem to ever need.