• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] What disc to replace my CE Leopard?!

CK_32

Bogey Member
So again, I got 4 offers last week on my lime green CE leopard. Guys have been trying to pawn this off of me for years but until now I never considered it.

I bought this disc about 15 years ago. But I was playing with a group of 3 regulars last week and they asked me what my discs are on the way to one of the tee's. Went over my discs then mentioned my leopard and how I don't play with it because a lot of people offer me $$ for it every time I bring it out. He laughed it off. Pulled it out on hole 3 and he was yelled "Wait that's a CE Leopard Why are you throwing that?!" and offered me $40 for it.

Hole 9 is pretty bunched up with 3 groups and I pull my discs out and a new group asks us what were throwing. The group about to throw see's me CE leopard and comment on it and again I get a offer of $35 for it.

Declined because I enjoy this disc A LOT.. Get to the pro shop and tell the pro shop/course pro about my discs, he wants to see it and offers me $25, again I declined so he offered me $30 again I declined, and he said that's a good disc don't lose it! But that's as good as its ganna get from me cause I get discs for free that's just good plastic and has almost 0 ink and to clean it before I sell it, because I do play with it.

My buddy was telling me I'm stupid for not taking these offers cause I dont appreciate CE plastic (I don't its just a good flying disc to me) and should sell it and fund more discs..

I'm finally coming around and thinking I have been offered up to $60 for this disc at one time. Maybe I should part ways and fund other discs...

What discs will replicate this Leopard? This is my favorite driver aside from my beast right now. So what disc(s) should I fund and get to replace this Leopard. :\

uhhhhmmm... a leopard? i still throw both a proline and a ce leopard but if i needed to replace the ce i would probably go with star.

Find a replacement before selling it or you'll hate yourself for it. As to "replace" it, tough call. An Amp flies further, but feels way different in the hand. I might suggest a River or maybe another Leopard. Perhaps a Champ or Pro Leopard? Some say the Legacy Patriot flies like a leopard.

Well, what do you like about how it flies? It's easy enough to recommend discs that are similar to the Leopard, but I imagine there are a lot of knowledgeable folks on here who could offer good advice but haven't thrown one in CE.

I'm guessing your leopard is a flat second run.

It is unlikely you will ever find a disc that has a similar feel and flight to that disc. Promise. Why sell it? If you like it, keep it and enjoy it. That's what this sport is about. If you got it for a reasonable price, you're not being 'foolish' or anything by playing with it.

Legacy produced a small amount of 1st run patriots weighing 168 grams that are very very similar. Super flat and have an awesome flight. Unfortunately, they are already costing over $30 to pry away from owners.

You should be able to find a Star or Champ Leopard that you'll love just as much. The great part is, you should be able to sell the CE for enough to buy 2 of each.

Well, what do you like about how it flies? It's easy enough to recommend discs that are similar to the Leopard, but I imagine there are a lot of knowledgeable folks on here who could offer good advice but haven't thrown one in CE.

Is seriously the most forgiving driver I have in my bag, no matter how I throw it its a flat straight drive with a slight very slow end fade. I don't think I;ve ever had a bad throw with it.

I'm guessing your leopard is a flat second run.

It is unlikely you will ever find a disc that has a similar feel and flight to that disc. Promise. Why sell it? If you like it, keep it and enjoy it. That's what this sport is about. If you got it for a reasonable price, you're not being 'foolish' or anything by playing with it.

Legacy produced a small amount of 1st run patriots weighing 168 grams that are very very similar. Super flat and have an awesome flight. Unfortunately, they are already costing over $30 to pry away from owners.

You should be able to find a Star or Champ Leopard that you'll love just as much. The great part is, you should be able to sell the CE for enough to buy 2 of each.

^^ The 2 comments above was exactly what the pro shop guy told me. And why these were so popular. But the reason I'm thinking of selling is because my buddy was right. If I could find a disc close to the same flight I could buy 2 or 3 discs with the offers I've gotten on this thing.

This disc, same condition but lime green.

55649_lg.jpg

Last edited:
Do not sell it. I promise you will regret it. Unless you find a disc you think flies and feels the same first.

either throw it for yourself or give it to me and i'll throw it on monday when our high is -8.

it's your disc. why are you letting people pressure you? do you really want another disc? no. obviously. you want a good backup. so buy a backup like a normal person and tell everyone else to shut up and stop bothering you when you're disc golfing. seriously. say it. obviously they aren't getting the message!

and then stop humblebragging. :p

the fact that you're throwing it shows you appreciate good plastic. each person does their own thing.

Keep it and throw it. Dont worry about what other people say. If you feel you must sell it then id go with a star leo.

Do not sell it. I promise you will regret it. Unless you find a disc you think flies and feels the same first.

Based on flight, there is not a disc in this game that is irreplaceable.

I agree with keeping it. If you've had it for that long and love the way it flys, why not keep it. In the long run, what's better 60 bucks or a unique disc that you love... Hmmm.

You have as much as said you have an emotional investment in that disc. And, since you love the flight and know exactly how it will behave, it breeds confidence on the tee.
Can you put a price on that?

I came in here to say that the OP might want to consider a Patriot.

Latest posts