• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] What Discs Does Innova Need To OOP

ILUVSMGS18

Just Another Disc Hoarder
Seeing as how Discraft has recently mass-OOPed a large amount of models as well as plastic/mold combinations I decided to start a thread on what discs that Innova should OOP as they have a more cluttered lineup than any other disc manufacturer.
My list (sorry if your disc is on here)
Groove
Monarch
Archon (make room for the Mystere)
TeeDevil (the DDx fill this slot with added gilde as a bonus)
Viking (make room for the Savant)
Wolf
Archangel
Dominate
Skeeter
Aero
Lycan

I feel that there is also some molds that might be mentioned but they aren't bad molds they just aren't offered in the right plastics (Gazelle, Cheetah, Cobra, SL, TL3, Viper/Whippet)

Not sure why Archons, Skeeters, Aeros, or Lycans need to go, have never seen someone who owned one not like it, would agree on Groove/Monarch, they were made to have supposedly understable wide rims, but they have gotten around that now, those are obsolete. Not to mention maybe the Teedevil isn't the greatest driver, but why git rid of molds and encourage people to throw Discmania, Jussi pushes his people not to throw anything else despite them doing the production work, why give them any leg up to take away from your brand?

Groove, Monarch, maybe the Kite.

Viking and Archon are great discs, in fact I believe the Viking was one of the owners favorite molds.

OP, I may have misread, but did you suggest they OOP the Cheetah, Gazelle, and Cobra?

I feel that there is also some molds that might be mentioned but they aren't bad molds they just aren't offered in the right plastics (Gazelle, Cheetah, Cobra, SL, TL3, Viper/Whippet)

Some of these molds definitely shouldn't go out of print. Gazelle, Cheetah, Cobra et al. are very popular among new players, lower power players, and people who like to throw old school plastic too. I bet they are quite a bit more popular than most people on here would initially think. I don't know that I've ever seen anyone throw any of the name3 drivers in person, but I've seen plenty of people use Gazelles, Cobras, Vipers, and SLs.

Of course, the Gazelle is already out of regular production and they need to bring it back!! I might be slightly biased because my wife's favorite drivers are the gazelle and cheetah.

I do think that the viking, monarch, krait, wahoo, groove, and daedelus all should be OOP..the viking is a good disc just doesn't seem like anyone throws it especially now with the PD and thunderbird available. The others are all pretty bad discs, in my opinion.

What is your reasoning for putting discs on this list?
I'm thinking they sell a ton of Grooves, so I'm sure Innova will disagree with you right off the bat.

Innova will stop making molds when it becomes too cost prohibitive for their business model, not when a bunch of forumites decide what should go.

There are/must be still a lot of old school loyalists out there buying those classic baseline discs.

I don't see why any discs from Innova's lineup need to go OOP. Even if they overlap, it allows for more choice for players in terms of feel.

Seeing as how Discraft has recently mass-OOPed a large amount of models as well as plastic/mold combinations I decided to start a thread on what discs that Innova should OOP as they have a more cluttered lineup than any other disc manufacturer.
My list (sorry if your disc is on here)
Groove
Monarch
Archon (make room for the Mystere)
TeeDevil (the DDx fill this slot with added gilde as a bonus)
Viking (make room for the Savant)
Wolf
Archangel
Dominate
Skeeter
Aero
Lycan

Groove and Monarch: absolutely get rid of those wastes of plastic, IMHO.
Wolf: nice beginners disc, but I wouldn't cry if it went OOP.

The Archon is better than the Mystere. IMHO there's a reason the Mystere is not in full production; it is because it failed to live up to the hype surrounding it. Keep the Archon, stop making the Mystere!

I think the Lycan is already OOP, or at least moved to special production runs at the Proshop.

IMHO the Archangel and Viking are not going away. The Archangel is the great beginner's driver, and Dave Dunipace likes the Viking. IMHO if they offered the Viking in Star and put some emphasis on it, it would sell better and be very popular.

The Dominator and Teedevil would probably not cause angst to be put into OOP mode, especially the Dominator.

Skeeter and Aero? That will cause angst.

While I agree that there is a lot of overlap and they have a huge line-up, they are also the largest and oldest disc golf company. If they are still selling enough to keep manufacturing more, there's no need to cull the line-up per Discraft.

HOWEVER! If they were to thin things out to focus on new molds, I'd say the lower selling overlap discs;
Archon
Wahoo
Archangel
Dragon
Foxbat OR Wombat (not both)
Spider
One of the Aviars (they have like 20 versions! Prolly kill the X-mold)

As long as they keep the Condor and Zephyr, I'm good. They aren't the best golf discs, but dang those things are fun! :D

While I agree that there is a lot of overlap and they have a huge line-up, they are also the largest and oldest disc golf company. If they are still selling enough to keep manufacturing more, there's no need to cull the line-up per Discraft.

HOWEVER! If they were to thin things out to focus on new molds, I'd say the lower selling overlap discs;
Archon
Wahoo
Archangel
Dragon
Foxbat OR Wombat (not both)
Spider
One of the Aviars (they have like 20 versions! Prolly kill the X-mold)

As long as they keep the Condor and Zephyr, I'm good. They aren't the best golf discs, but dang those things are fun! :D

I agree with this all but the spider. The smaller mods are more suitable for women and children. Amd the aviar issue is not the mold as ther is only 3 big bead (kc,jk,yeti) small bead and beadless. There is however different plastics. Jk,kc yeti, mcpro, clasic hard, dx glow, dx p&a amd so on.

I think
Cheetah
Gazelle
Archangel (its only in dx)
Wolf (the stingray is a far better choice)
Groove
Vulcan (there should not be a need for super fast and understable)
Viking ( Valkyrie has more popularity, good limited proshop release)
Skeeter (the panther does all the same things and was around first)
Aero (it should be moved to the proshop, how much need is there for a large putter?)

Sticking molds in pro-shop only is almost as good as making them OOP. 95% of disc golfers don't know about the pro shop and those that do are unwilling to pay the absorbent prices and the shipping.

Sticking molds in pro-shop only is almost as good as making them OOP. 95% of disc golfers don't know about the pro shop and those that do are unwilling to pay the absorbent prices and the shipping.

True not true.

Yes the average golfer wont know or care. But it allows a mold to be removed from standard production allowing 15-20% of the golfers to still obtain it while freeing the standard lineup.

Well, then you guys are the exception it seems. Most of the other threads do nothing but harp on the Innova pro-shop. Unless of course it's for a special run Nate Sexton Firebird.

Well, then you guys are the exception it seems. Most of the other threads do nothing but harp on the Innova pro-shop. Unless of course it's for a special run Nate Sexton Firebird.

Threads? All I've seen is AftC's usual stuff and SD86 complaining about having to pay shipping.

Latest posts