• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What discs have I missed?

Connor Jones

International Hair Champion
Gold level trusted reviewer
In the last 3 years, what discs have been released that you would consider everyone would need to try?

I'm planning on making my return to America at the end of this year(finally) and need to compile a list as I haven't really played disc golf since then.

:)

He lives! Good to see ya, Connor. I don't care what discs you throw, just glad to see a blast from the past. :thmbup:

(Actually, if you do want to check out some MVP / Axiom, I'd go with the Envy, Relay, and Photon. (Those are maybe a little more than 3 years old, not sure.)

do you realize what youre asking for youre going to get a list of 50+ discs

There are some good ones for sure, but not a ton I would dub absolute game changers.

No one is complaining about destrulcans and you don't hear as much whining about plus molds as 3 years ago.

RDG has done some cool things. If you miss life down under a company from New Zealand called RPM has started shipping over here. Tons of discs really but the only one I would say you have to try is a max weight RDG Stego, it's stupid slow, has no glide at all and I love it so much. Hilarious in flight.

Good to see one of the guys who was a regular when I started back.

Innova Shryke - There are tons of discs and I only mention this one because it seems like it made a slot in so many bags of the folks I play with. It's a go to bomber for guys/girls with lower arm speed. I don't bag one, but have thrown a couple in the field on giant hyzer flips and they do glide a mile.

3 years of disc research?!

I've got work to do:

iu

Trilogy finally has a legit Teebird competitor in Lat64's Explorer.

Innova Shryke - There are tons of discs and I only mention this one because it seems like it made a slot in so many bags of the folks I play with. It's a go to bomber for guys/girls with lower arm speed. I don't bag one, but have thrown a couple in the field on giant hyzer flips and they do glide a mile.

This was the first disc that came readily to mind when I opened this thread. The Shryke is (IMO) a game changer. Easiest 400' most people will ever see.

You've missed 225 newly approved discs by the PDGA since 1/1/16 by 42 Different Companies
20 by Innova
15 by Lat 64
14 by Dynamic
14 by MVP
12 by Westside
10 by Prodigy