• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What discs would you take with to play a short course

It depends on how much I think I'll need my other accessories like towels, bug spray and drinking water. If I do need any of that stuff I'll just carry the whole bag. If not, I'd just grab a putter to see what I can do.

Wizard, Firebird (My game has morphed into a big time forehand / overhead game), Buzz (just in case, probably no need)

If everything is under 200', I would take a beat S wizard and a newer M wizard, I can hit just about any line that length with those.

I would take my Hydra and either my mako or Buzzz. Probably my Buzzz.

So I have a local course that I play a lot that is very short - longest couple of holes are ~200ft. The course is mostly wooded and has holes with both hyzer and anhyzer lines.

I was just wondering what discs you guys would bring to play a course like this.

I know that everybody on the interweb throws their putters 300ft, so I assume everyone would just bring a putter. :p

Personally, I usually take a putter and then a some mid-range 4, 5 or 6 speed discs - at least one that I can turn each way. I just started playing this summer though, my outside range with pretty much any disc that is a 6 or 7 or faster is about 250 or 260 ft.
I would play with my Z-Buzzz. The shortest hole I've ever played was 232 feet (am tee on hole 15 at Sunset), but most of them are much longer, yet I still rock the courses (compared to how I would play with a driver) with my Buzzz, so I'm assuming that it would be awesome on a course like that ..

i have a little course around here that's like the course you're describing...short tight wooded shots. i bring a rhyno and a beat roc. well, i bring a couple of each. i actually owe this course a debt of gratitude in that it taught me to put down the drivers and get out a mid/putter. it was a lesson that was far over due.

It sounds like a perfect course for Superclass. I'd play it that way with my TeMoko and Hero 235.

Overstable driver (skips, flicks), Buzzz, Comet, Putter. Simple as that. You'd want some "specialty" discs for trick shots or out of trouble shots as well.

Simple as that.

Blitz for odd/trick shots, Stratus for everything else that the Voodoo doesn't do for you.