• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you call this shot?

So i have a shot i sometimes say i invented but do not know for sure.

I throw a forehand grip grenade with a trashed dx teebird. I have to have the hit point on the right side of my body. I throw a grenade like a regular rhbh with the different grip and pull it like a lawn mower

Itll go up high and flip to a regular orientation and fly. Usually to the right diagonally.

Im assuming im flipping it with oats idk really. Rather not take a video but if i must. I cant find the particular teebird atm which is sad but im sure i could do it with other discs. I havent exactly spent any time perfecting the shot either. Just messed around one day and it happened throwing that one disc. Thats the disc i always used to show people and they had never seen it before.

Last edited:
Its a pretty standard low thumber shot. I've heard it called a baseball thumber, a tunnel thumber, etc.

Because it's low, the disc skips off the flight plate and goes hard right and lands on edge usually. It will then roll with the right ground conditions.

You didn't invent it, and neither did I. Its just a low thumber shot.

Latest posts