• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what do you do when you get a hole in one?

I don't react much. Basically the same reaction as if I hit a really long putt.

I keep throwing the disc; retiring it is backwards logic.

Hmmm, I seem to remember you being pretty excited when you hit that tourney ace at Bird's Ruins a few years ago.

I make as much noise as possible so everyone on the course knows I hit one, then I do a dance, pose for a picture by the basket, sign autographs for any lucky witnesses, post on social media to get those likes and then I go out of my way to tell all other groups on the course I aced.

Hmmm, I seem to remember you being pretty excited when you hit that tourney ace at Bird's Ruins a few years ago.

Well yeah, because money! I thought I was winning $150! And if I recall it was like our second last hole.

Much more exciting than a casual round ace!

First ace has been put away. One because it was special and two because I no longer need super-flippy discs to get anything to go straight like in those first few months of playing (CFR star Cobra - San Marino mold)

I think my reaction to my first ace was funny - I was playing solo through a group of like 5 people at Tendick. At the time I really didn't like playing through, so I threw and was already 10 ft off the pad when it hit. I gave a quick turn and "thanks guys" as they were all freaking out about it.

Had I not been playing through I'm sure I would have celebrated that one.

Alas, something I don't think I will ever have to worry about doing. But, if I did ever hit an ace I would simply initial the back of the hole number sitting atop the basket or I would initial the back of the tee pad sign. Evidently that has been a tradition for disc golfers in my area since well before I ever started playing judging by the dates I see of some initials on some baskets. But like I said, I don't think I'll have that problem of deciding what to do if I hit an ace. Hell, I bowled in leagues for many years and the closest I ever got to a 300 game was a 268, and I was close to being a scratch bowler to boot.

Alas, something I don't think I will ever have to worry about doing. But, if I did ever hit an ace I would simply initial the back of the hole number sitting atop the basket or I would initial the back of the tee pad sign. Evidently that has been a tradition for disc golfers in my area since well before I ever started playing judging by the dates I see of some initials on some baskets. But like I said, I don't think I'll have that problem of deciding what to do if I hit an ace. Hell, I bowled in leagues for many years and the closest I ever got to a 300 game was a 268, and I was close to being a scratch bowler to boot.

I'm sure you'll get one. Aces are mostly dumb luck on shots that would have gone way past the pin if the basket hadn't gotten in the way.

Pro tip: Writing on baskets is also known as vandalism.

Not impressed. Record your Ace on your disc. I hate it when I see baskets signed by dudes who have thrown 157' Aces.

I agree with never writing on baskets.....I didn't do it on my only ace even though it was more then 157'.............it was 158'

please don't mark anything that isn't yours w/o approval. :mad:

i celebrate in some fashion. mark the disc & keep throwing it; unless it gets a whole bunch of signatures, then i buy a replacement (if possible) & put it on the wall.

I make as much noise as possible so everyone on the course knows I hit one, then I do a dance, pose for a picture by the basket, sign autographs for any lucky witnesses, post on social media to get those likes and then I go out of my way to tell all other groups on the course I aced.

TCdg look i finally hit an ace... hole 7 at eagles edge!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure you'll get one. Aces are mostly dumb luck on shots that would have gone way past the pin if the basket hadn't gotten in the way.

I don't buy this at all. The majority of aces I've thrown or seen would still be in the circle for an easy 2.

Latest posts