• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what do you do when you get a hole in one?

I don't have many, but it's an involuntary fist-pump and a look of wide-eyed amazement. The truth is, my aces are bad misses, because I never try to run the basket off the tee. I'm always trying to park it near the basket.

My last ace was a blind shot chainless one that caught the back of the tray. All I heard was the clunk as if you had hit metal, but saw no disc bounce away. When I got clear of the tree blocking my view and saw it not on the ground, but IN the tray, I was actually a little disappointed.

"Where's the kaboom?" I exclaimed. "Where's the chain ringing kaboom?"

5+ years later, and I haven't hit one since. Granted, the number of opportunities to do so have dwindled.

^^^Yeah my last ace (and first PDGA tourney ace), didn't know about till everyone had approached the green. Out of sight in the center of a bush, and too far to distinguish between other cards holing out.

I don't make too much noise about it. I smile and highfive/fist bump my cardmates. I like seeing people celebrating, yelling their "let's go!"s and what have you, but that aint me. Running in a long putt feels better than an ace celebration to me.

Attachments

• last ace.JPG
    last ace.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 45
Aren't we supposed to RIP our shirt off and yell "MY LIFE!!" 3 or 4 times? Extra points for running through the fairways in front of every group on course...

It depends on the hole and the round. If I have a good round going and I hit one I'm usually pretty pumped. I will give a good fist bump, let out a good "woooh!" and listen to it echo through the trees. If others are present they can sign the bottom of my disc as witnesses and I'll note the hole, course, and date.

The last ace I hit was on the last hole of a relatively frustrating round. The course had beat me up pretty good and I was sitting at +8 and drilled a 235' downhill ace with my N Envy. Felt good out of the hand, looked great the entire way. Absolutely slammed the chains.

All I did was threw up my hands and gave the guy I was playing with an inquisitive look and said, "of course I hit an ace during this stupid round." I still let him sign it as is local tradition.

I mark my disc myself just like DavidSauls said, and I keep throwing it. Most I had on one disc was 4 on a batwing Avenger...that I have no idea what happened to it now that I think back:confused:

Not impressed. Record your Ace on your disc. I hate it when I see baskets signed by dudes who have thrown 157' Aces.

elmex is ****ing with you:thmbup:

A "1" on the score card and high fives from everyone around. Unortunately, it's only one stroke better than a 2, even though it's way harder to achieve

In a little bit of a Ace draught right now - it's been a year & a half since my 19th ace was recorded.
If I recall correctly, I usually have a shout of Woo-Hoo!! High fives all around. Snap a pic with the disc & 1 finger held up.
I ink the course, hole # & date on the bottom of the disc - not the basket or teesign. That's just wrong.
And the disc goes right back in the bag. How else will you get multiple aces on the same disc?
I have five discs that have mulitple aces on them. Sadly, one was lost & yet to be returned. The others still get flung around.

I'm sure you'll get one. Aces are mostly dumb luck on shots that would have gone way past the pin if the basket hadn't gotten in the way.

Pro tip: Writing on baskets is also known as vandalism.

At one of the local courses I shoot if you get an ace, and call the office there, they will make sure that it gets typed up and posted on the bulletin board outside along with all the other aces that have been had through the years at the course. T'is there for all to see who peruse the board for any news, course info, etc.

What the hell is wrong with you guys? waiting around til you actually get an ace to sign the basket.. You just sign that ****, then you brag about your "ace" by pointing out the signature everytime you play those holes. This **** aint hard.

Last edited:
Ink the disc, not the basket, tee sign, etc.
Celebrate with the witnesses
Get paid(hopefully from the ace pot)
Keep the disc in the bag, you'll probably throw that hole again.

Having hit my only ace in a tourney, my reaction was to look back at the only other guy I knew on my card, and ask did that really just happen? It was a perfect way to start round 2, as I was tied for the lead, I would go on to win my division (MJ2) and take the CTP. I had only had 30 mins of sleep, and no caffeine since 6 AM, I hit the ace at 2 PMish, I was dehydrated, and just kinda floated through the last 9. It was 14 holes before the card in front of us found out about the ace. I did throw that same disc 3 out of the 4 times I've played the hole since, only time I didn't, I almost aced it again, but from the longer tee. That shot was too far left for the ace, but 10' was close enough for the CTP. Both discs were Yellow F2 Teebirds, Ace disc was E*, CTP disc was G*.

geek out. write the date on the disc (not the course or hole, as I won't forget), and keep throwing it. when I leave the course I celebrate by buying another of the same disc. 3 aces in three years; hoping I can keep it going.....

Typically one arm in the air and a quick Yes!

I mark the disc and keep it on the bag.

Most of my aces are fading when they chains so they would have been an easy 2 anyway.

Last one was 7 years ago and I was by myself, just stood on the tee and said "damn..."

Latest posts