• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you hate most?

Tiny

Double Eagle Member
What things do people do that you just loathe on the disc golf course? (not on the forums, we all know you guys hate everything anyone does on the forum cause you've been here so long)

I would have to say it's a tie between littering, and people teeing off right after I did. I always figured that I would let people finish the hole before starting the hole... I guess I have manners or something.. :/

Really, what makes me crazy is large group wandering through a course teeing off at any open tee pad. A crowded course ground to a halt for some unpreceivable advantage to the self centered knuckleheads. Generally a few friendly words geared toward the notion of common sense fail, mostly due to the fact that the knuckleheads, would not be jumping around, if they had any common sense to begin with. Pretty much why I carry beer in my bag, liquid patience.

Any random damage or theft to course equipment. Especially if it is a course I fundraised for, put personal money to, installed, and maintained.

people with no etiquette/ no idea of the rules and courtesies of this sport. people that throw overhand off the teebox. people that forehand. people that throw when im still playing the hole. people that throw more than one disc. people that dont call fore.

littering, people smoking weed in the bushes next to the tee I am at. loud profanity when kids are around. drunk disc golfers who will not leave you alone. just my few complaints.

littering definitely especially when the trash is thrown on the ground right next to the trash can

I recently had two guys let me play through on a short hole (about 275'). I thanked them and started walking towards my lie. I got ablutions halfway there and I hear one yell: "fore!" Sure enough a disc comes wizing by my head. Then as a round the corner thread more discs come flying towards me. So not only did they just throw one disc at me, they each threw two.
That is definitely one of the things I hate the most, next to littering.

Lol, what if that person can throw 450ft with an overhand shot?

DC1PI.jpg

how much you wanna make a bet that i can throw a thumber over them mountains?

I don't know if this counts, but I hate it when a course designer builds a course but doesn't install flat teepads. I don't even care if they're cement or not, I just want them flat. Too many times have I gone to courses that had the teepad area on uneven bumpy ground, on a hill, with roots running across it, etc. Luckily, I haven't run into many bad disc golfers.

Latest posts