• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you mount on your cart pole?

Bogey B.O.B.

Birdie Member
I currently have a swiveling bottle/can holder, towel ring, and birdie beads mounted to my cart pole. I've been thinking about adding a putter pouch which got me wondering what you guys like or dislike about putter pouches or anything else you have mounted to your pole. I had a cell phone mount but it was just too bouncy on uneven terrain for me.

What do you recommend or want?

I currently have a swiveling bottle/can holder, towel ring, and birdie beads mounted to my cart pole. I've been thinking about adding a putter pouch which got me wondering what you guys like or dislike about putter pouches or anything else you have mounted to your pole. I had a cell phone mount but it was just too bouncy on uneven terrain for me.

What do you recommend or want?

If a putter pouch had a way to clip in better like the one that Ricky W has on his cart. Te Dynamic Disc and Zuca same model use just the spandex like stretchy material that uses Velcro to keep the pouch on the bag a not as good of choice since have seen those slide off or even fall off in the case of an overloaded pouch.

Also have seen a player with more then one of the Putter pouch on the cart, they had 2 of the Dynamic Disc models of Putter Pouch on the cart as one of the putter pouches was just storage so the bag in the cart could be full of discs only. The person seemed like they had every disc they could get that David Feldburg had unless a plastic type was not made for that disc anymore or a disc Mold was gone before they could use it. That was back in 2016 on vacation.

Either a long sleeve shirt, wrapped around the pole or a visor hung on it. Sometimes a dedicated face towel for sweat, clipped to it.

I love it...I can fit 3 putters easily...4th is tight. It has room in the side pocket for my whale sac and in the big front it fits my phone, mini and clip board...all great quality. Also the double zipper to open the putter pocket Velcro's to the bottom of the putter case so it is out of the way...it's great quality and the best on the market. On the delta tho u will have to use double sided tape to help it not spin around.

Necro bump

Can anyone recommend a cart mount for a Google pixel 4 XL ? I bought a Roam Universal "premium" mount, that sags just after a couple months of light usage. It's unusable. Thanks

My wife sewed the top compartment on a Zuca putter pouch so that a phone fits snug for a friend of mine. It's been working well for about a year now.

I got a Commander bag in my Zuca and put the phone in the large side pocket. Works great and easy to access. Love it.

Necro bump

Can anyone recommend a cart mount for a Google pixel 4 XL ? I bought a Roam Universal "premium" mount, that sags just after a couple months of light usage. It's unusable. Thanks
Not sure about that specific phone but I use a Ram Mount. It is a bit more expensive but the modular nature means I can take it off the cart and use it in my car also

What do you think of your ridge roller putter pouch?
I realize this is from earlier in the thread but I would be interested in hearing other people's opinion on the RR putter pouch.

In my opinion the decision to make it a detachable bag really compromised the putter pouch and made it a worse version of both.

Necro bump

I use the RAM system like Torpedo suggested....everywhere. Treadmill, bike, car, and my zucchini cart. Have for decades. Good stuff.

On the cart I actually use https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DFDKNZF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 To hold my phone, I've never been too fond of the x-grip phone holder ram sells. But that phone holder works with my Ram B sized stuff.

I realize this is from earlier in the thread but I would be interested in hearing other people's opinion on the RR putter pouch.

In my opinion the decision to make it a detachable bag really compromised the putter pouch and made it a worse version of both.

By detachable you mean that you can take it on / off with the two pieces of Velcro that wrap around the pole, or the fact they say it can be carried as bag on its own? If the latter that doesn't really come into play, you just unhook the shoulder strap from the d-rings and throw it in the closet to never be seen again. ;)

If the former, I never take mine off and it sits low enough it doesn't flop around. I've read of people using a water bottle cage mount from Topeka https://www.amazon.com/Topeak-CageMount-Bicycle-Handlebar-Seatpost/dp/B07CLB6HVZ to steady the RR and other putter pouches up on their carts. Never saw the need.

As for the RR putter pouch...the big area that holds 3 putters easily is great. I have an Envy, Proxy, and Ohm in there and they are nice and easy to grab. The front rectangle pocket is good for putting stuff in like wallet, wife's phone, etc. The little pocket on the side? Never found a use for it really until Covid, and it has a small botttle of hand sanitizer in it. Almost like a pocket from a few decades ago meant to hold a flip style cell phone, so it is sorta oddly sized. Materials seem top notch. Really have no complaint about it. Put it on and haven't taken it off.

By detachable you mean that you can take it on / off with the two pieces of Velcro that wrap around the pole, or the fact they say it can be carried as bag on its own? If the latter that doesn't really come into play, you just unhook the shoulder strap from the d-rings and throw it in the closet to never be seen again. ;)
That is what i mean by detachable but not really what i am talking about. I think the decision in the design process to make it a putter pouch that can also function as a detachable bag led to a product that is really a worse version of both. The pockets are a perfect example. You get the two dump style pockets that are functional on a bag where you need to store things like phone, wallet, and keys. On a putter pouch though you would benefit much more from an organization storage area that would give you quick access to things you might need during a round without having to unload or dig around for.

As a small bag its fine if you really want to carry 3-4 discs. You can do much better though if you buy a small bag that was designed to be a small bag. You would get better more secure zipper storage, water bottle holder, and a larger disc capacity. I would imagine most people do not really use it as a small bag so that added benefit is lost.

On the cart I actually use https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DFDKNZF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 To hold my phone, I've never been too fond of the x-grip phone holder ram sells. But that phone holder works with my Ram B sized stuff.
I just ordered one to try out. I dont like how how you have to set up the X-Grip in way that does not push your side buttons or limit your access to them especially when driving.

Has anyone tried to attach the Discraft weekender to the cart pole as a cheaper alternative to the putter pocket? I think for a person who wanted to have several discs up top they use the most like putters and aproach discs, this would be the way to go as that holds just a bit more then the largest current putter pocket. How the Discraft Weekender would attach in one option is using the strap at it smallest and a small Velcro loop thing that attaches the bag strap to the handle part of the pole.

Has anyone tried to attach the Discraft weekender to the cart pole as a cheaper alternative to the putter pocket?
I am not sure about the Weekender specifically but I have seen pictures of all sorts of small bags mounted to the pole or back of cart between the bottle holders. The craziest picture I saw was a Grip G Series mounted to the back of the cart.

What do you guys think is a good number of discs for a putter pouch? Three works for me but one more might be nice. I bet the two putter guys would want at least one more spot

I am not sure about the Weekender specifically but I have seen pictures of all sorts of small bags mounted to the pole or back of cart between the bottle holders. The craziest picture I saw was a Grip G Series mounted to the back of the cart.

What do you guys think is a good number of discs for a putter pouch? Three works for me but one more might be nice. I bet the two putter guys would want at least one more spot

Yep that is why I would buy the Weekender from Discraft, the bag can hold 6 putters/deeper putter like midrange and would have another bottle holder. If not the Discraft Weekender then a Innova model like the beginner but with a bigger standard logo, only a little slimmer, and better made.

I think the decision in the design process to make it a putter pouch that can also function as a detachable bag led to a product that is really a worse version of both. The pockets are a perfect example. You get the two dump style pockets that are functional on a bag where you need to store things like phone, wallet, and keys. On a putter pouch though you would benefit much more from an organization storage area that would give you quick access to things you might need during a round without having to unload or dig around for.

As a small bag its fine if you really want to carry 3-4 discs. You can do much better though if you buy a small bag that was designed to be a small bag. You would get better more secure zipper storage, water bottle holder, and a larger disc capacity. I would imagine most people do not really use it as a small bag so that added benefit is lost.

I just ordered one to try out. I dont like how how you have to set up the X-Grip in way that does not push your side buttons or limit your access to them especially when driving.

Maybe it depends on the cart you are putting the putter pouch on....I don't need a putter pouch with a lot of room for organized storage or water bottle holder....I have my bag for that since I'm using an EZ Cart. I just needed something to put a few discs in that I grab every hole and nice to throw wallet/keys in. I suppose in a way it was just adding 3 more discs to what I carry as I used to have those in the top putter area of my bag, but have mids there.

If I had one of those carts that are dedicated disc holders than yeah, something more like a bag may be desirable, but I'd be careful about mounting too much on the pole or handle, especially a bag with water bottle holders, if that weight is going to be behind the axles it'll be come tippy.

I have a grip g bag doing nothing for me though, if it wouldn't make my cart top heavy I'd consider throwing it on for more discs. ;)

Hope you like the phone mount, it works well for me.

Latest posts