• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What do you use for a roller disc?

Jmorri67

Par Member
I've been throwing a beat to hell Valk for a roller, but I'm wondering if there is a better option out there.

Is there nothing faster than that that would work well? I don't feel like a sidewinder/rr would really boost my roller distance by much over my valk.

I've Used a Valkyrie,Underworld,River,Comet,Fury, and all sorts of others.

The ones that work best for me are a Fury,River and a Comet.

For many years I used a Valkyrie and it did the job very well.

This is all for backhand. :thmbup:

for me I can use anything forehand,I just have to get use to the angle.

I use whatever beat to death disc I have that I can get to stand up and roll. :|

I still like sidewinders best, but also started using an avenger ss, fuse, even a glow nuke works.

I use a beat up X Avenger. If I had to get a new disc to use for rollers, it would be an Avenger SS.

Assuming you mean for max distance: X Nuke, or Pro Wraith. I lost both of the ones i had, but the X Nuke was the longest roller disc I've tried.

For control: DX Leopard. Been in my bag for a long time. Reliable and goes pretty far.

For more distance, get more stability. Speed doesn't have a lot to do with how far a disc will roll. My distance roller disc is a Force (worn). I generally roll with a Nuke SS, though. My Zone goes as far (maybe farther) than my Nuke SS.

TD Rush - for 2 reasons.

1. It is a fast, yet understable disc that I am able to get enough flip on that I can achieve the angles needed when it hits the ground on either the forehand or backhand. Kind of an obvious necessity for a player's roller.

2. The rim. It is a mildly convex bottom rim that feels great in hand and, I imagine, provides a different beveled edge coming in contact with the ground. The traditional concave bottom rim of basically every other driver feels odd to me now for this role(roll). A Roadrunner has a very similar shaped bottom rim if that disc is more familiar to you.

well it depends on what route i want my roller to take. right hand back hand roller i like the latitude vision to go straight/right. if i need to go left ill start upping the stability. forehand rollers i use stable slow discs like the predator/zone to go straight/right and more understable discs to flip and go left. for me the high speed overstable discs tend to flip and do a question mark. my current favorite forehand roller is a titanium drone. its money for the touch rollers.(second favorite is the zone)

sorry....i really like to throw rollers