• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What does your mini say about you?

CK_32

Bogey Member
I've never gotten the mini game, why do so many people put so much emphasis and effort into their mini's?

I see so many on the market and guys only put down, talk about, want certain ones. Whats the deal?

I know its kind of a small token some guys carry from tournaments and stuff, but I feel some guys have minis as fashion statements or little items of flare.

I'm loioking to finally buy my first one, I want to know what the deal is with some people and mini's before I buy mine and look like a lame duck or want a better mini to...."Express my self" . :p

Right now I'm just looking at the brighter the better, make my conscious of where my put line is and not go over.

You hit the nail on the head - it's just a fun little accessory.

Dunno. I use the mini that I could get my hands on immediately after losing the mini I'd been using.

I'm not sure I've noticed what mini anyone else was using, except the time a friend flubbed an upshot and put his treasured Buzzz in the pond, and in anger spiked his metal mini, only to have it bounce and roll into the pond, too. Hard to ignore, or forget.

I want a line of inspirational minis such that, when I look down at them, they say, "Relax, it's only a putt", "bend knees and follow through", etc.

Ok. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything and look like a n00b with my $5 mini vs the $20 mini's they have out there. :D

mine say IDGAF.

i actually use a hockey puck a lot. sometimes i use a little rubber ducky as long as everybody at league on my card gives it the okay. those are the only minis i enjoy using. the hockey puck is nice and heavy; the rubber ducky keeps me light-spirited when i need it. usually use the rubber ducky if i'm putting, but i really don't use either one at all unless i'm against a tree or in a goofy mood.

in tournaments, i just keep any old cheap mini on hand. i hate using minis and i avoid using them if at all possible.

says I'm the 48454th person to join the PDGA, sometimes it says I'm a DGCR member. Either way, its says I'm serious about this game.... but most people will have figured that out by noticing my bag long before they ever see my mini.

One thing about the PDGA mini... if I ever leave it behind, good chance it'll get returned to me. Who wants a mini personalized with someone else's PDGA #?

My mini says "Nano Mini Disc- MVP Disc Sports (E)"

It used to say "Discraft Mini Magnet"

but it also said "I'm bronze colored instead of glow in the dark" so now I'm using the ol' Nano :D

says I'm the 48454th person to join the PDGA, sometimes it says I'm a DGCR member. Either way, its says I'm serious about this game.... but most people will have figured that out by noticing my bag long before they ever see my mini.

One thing about the PDGA mini... if I ever leave it behind, good chance it'll get returned to me. Who wants a mini personalized with someone else's PDGA #?

Excellent.

Passing judgment on someone else's mini .... Really? That's a thing? Sounds like a fun guy to be around.

Actually, I'm with Koda on this one. I only use a mini when the lie dictates it or I have to use the same disc. It's a necessary tool. If people want to get creative or flashy....hey, do your thing man.

Ok. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything and look like a n00b with my $5 mini vs the $20 mini's they have out there. :D

Well, I can't speak for your local disc golf culture or social circle.

But I've been around and playing tournaments for almost 20 years, and I've never heard anyone care anything about anyone else's mini. So don't sweat it.

I've known people get a little attached to a particular mini, for whatever reason, and panic a little when they think they've lost it. I've got a mini given to me by a friend and Hall-of-Famer which has his logo on it, and when I loaned it to someone at a tournament, I remembered to ask for it back at the end.

I just use whatever mini I grab of my stack of 4 from the few tournaments I have been in.

I never put much thought into it, I only have 3 of em. One I got at a KC Icebowl 8 years ago, the second off EBAY that had a LSDISC logo on it and the one I use now looks exactly like my go-to putter. Red rimmed/Grayish-blue center Axiom Proton-Icon to match my trusty P-Envy. Just found the little s.o.b. on ebay and thought; "HEY!!!! That looks just like my putter! I WANT....I NEEEEEED!!!" Then while still in a plastic buying frenzy I clicked BUY NOW. Afterward I was just like; "I probably didn't need this but TOO LATE NOW!!!" Then continued to shop for more discs... I think I might be an addict but rehab is for quitters!!!!