• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What ever happened to Blake_T

EvanKRob

So many of these threads reference old DGR threads and people are still talking about his techniques so I was wondering if he was still into disc and if he ever completed the "secret technique" ?

anyone know?

I've talked with him a couple times at gggt. Not really sure what he is doing right NOW but a year ago he said he was still working on some stuff and helping peeps out. I don't know him well enough to say what's up specifically, only spoke on those two occasions. He helped me pick out some good OLFs. :). We also discussed how major plus rims can cause your grip to slip, good dude.

Its a pretty selfless thing to put together and promote all that those teachings. Burnout happens.

Don't get too wrapped up in a "secret technique" that is a cure-all. One persons secret might not work for others. He was pretty far down a worm-hole of his own ideas and I always felt labeling it as secret technique was misleading marketing for his ideas.

The real secret technique is to just absorb every concept or drill you see. The only way to get better is to let it consume you. Doing 5 drills once a week won't do jack ****.

I do wish he was still active on the internet. There are a lot of tools available to him for promoting technique that he didn't have 5-10 years ago. I owe a lot of what I know to his stuff. I would read it, go throw for 3 hours, and come back to read more. Loved it

Likewise, his posts/articles always were a good read and easy to understand. When i first started playing it was my goto learning resource off the course. But of course there are many other sites now, but he had so much content on one site it was great! Videos on technique and form were essential in my beginnings and I also know what burnout feels like, just returned from a 3-4 year break from playing. It was the tourneys that did me in though, not writing articles.

Its a pretty selfless thing to put together and promote all that those teachings. Burnout happens.

I do wish he was still active on the internet. There are a lot of tools available to him for promoting technique that he didn't have 5-10 years ago. I owe a lot of what I know to his stuff. I would read it, go throw for 3 hours, and come back to read more. Loved it

So this!

What i love about everything on DGR and so much of what Blake wrote is that as I constantly get better suddenly something else he described makes sense to me, where when I first read it I hadn't got a clue what he was trying to achieve. Rereading old threads shows up something else each time.

Just his suggestions on choosing molds and building bags are worth their weight in gold, nevermind the (probably far greater) work he did with technique.

I guess you could say i'm supporting him in a roundabout way still by buying from GGGT what seems like every week now.

Yea I'm not so hung up his technique but he did always have some good drills to help people understand feelings. It was more a curiosity question since he was so deep into and then gone in a blink but people still reference his stuff.

Agree with the change in technology and tools. Heck I would love to see what he'd come up with using an iPhone 6 240fps slow motion alone.

I had no idea he was connected with GGGT.

Without people like him I'd still be throwing 200' spike hyzers.

Not to mention having double hernias from trying to throw so hard the wrong way.

So few are willing and able to teach this stuff, and unfortunately the ones that can get slammed with "Give me more. That last secret didn't work. More."

Without people like him I'd still be throwing 200' spike hyzers.

Not to mention having double hernias from trying to throw so hard the wrong way.

So few are willing and able to teach this stuff, and unfortunately the ones that can get slammed with "Give me more. That last secret didn't work. More."
Pretty much. My backhand was atrocious before I found DGR. I was throwing my neck and arm out and maxing at 200' with a Boss.