• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What happened to 1000rated.com?

WesV1

Par Member
They had some sweet interviews and good information about the week's hot rounds. Haven't updated for days. Anyone know what the deal is?

i was wondering the same. when it came out it was one of my favorite sites. It is more than disappointing that it hasn't been updated since May. Whats the deal?? :(

dunno, but i've checked it a few times hoping to read something interesting

from what Chris Woj. told me is that Brain who was running it by himself and just couldn't keep
up w/ it w/o any help. I think thats it, Woj. will comment if he knows anything else.

Yep, Brian Gerhardstein was running the site entirely himself. Very cool dude, does a ton of work in the Dayton, Ohio area to advance the game. He simply couldn't keep doing it all by himself.

Thanks for the kind words, Chris. Woj is correct. Sorry I couldn't keep up with the site, everyone. It was a labor of love, and it may be revived one day. As it stands now, the site has been hacked into and I'm working on fixing it so the interviews are available again. I still think it is one of the best disc golf domain names out there, and I often get e-mails telling me to bring it back. It's great to hear you all liked it so much.

Cheers,
Brian

1000RatedDiscGolf said:
Thanks for the kind words, Chris. Woj is correct. Sorry I couldn't keep up with the site, everyone. It was a labor of love, and it may be revived one day. As it stands now, the site has been hacked into and I'm working on fixing it so the interviews are available again. I still think it is one of the best disc golf domain names out there, and I often get e-mails telling me to bring it back. It's great to hear you all liked it so much.

Cheers,
Brian
If you're going to continue to pay for the site to remain up, you could always go the route of getting some other people to volunteer to help with content. Ask for some writing samples, and if people that are clearly quality writers (and I say clearly because you wouldn't want to clutter the site with poor writing) want to volunteer content and articles - give them posting access and keep some loose control on them to insure that no one takes advantage of the opportunity to do anything mischievous. Place much of the more research-intensive stuff (who shot 1000 rated rounds this week, the "list" of 1000 rated players and top ams) into hibernation. You could act as a hands-off editor, more of a moderator role - and people would get content.

I can imagine a few of the people here would love to help with technique articles, grip articles, various how-to's. I'd be willing to provide occasional content, for one (although I doubt it'd be more than a monthly post in my case) and I'm sure others would be willing to help out as well. If the writing level of the content slips below your standards - end the project. It would simply put the site back to where it is now - stagnant but with some neat content sitting there for people to find and peruse. If the writing level can remain high and the content original, disc golfers get a new source of great writing about the sport.