• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What have you accomplished in the last year?

The first year that my bag set up hasn't changed, it's down to six molds, and I've re purposed my plastic hoarding to just back ups/desired runs of the discs that I throw instead of trying out new plastic.

My goal for tourney play was to get my rating above 900, which I'm sure I did with my win at my last tourney... waiting on the update tomorrow waaay too intently!

- Started playing in April
- Bagged 25 courses in 4 states
- Learned to throw and hit (occasionally) 300' BH
- Reasonably useful FH to ~225
- Hit my 1st 3 Aces (182', 284', 195')
- Played in my 1st 3 sanctioned tournies. (1st of 4 in rec, 4th of 21 in rec, 36th of 53 in INT)
- Cashed a few times and won once in random draw dubs leagues.
- Picked up my first ever CTP (on a parked shot on a 295' hole!!!)

My goals for next season:
- 350 consistent backhand (one can hope)
- 300 consistent forehand
- Not fail putting
- Bag 1-2 more states and get to 50 courses played
- Become a solid INT player

Have to add 2 things:
- First rating of 851 over 5 rounds. 3 more rounds out there averaging ~883 unofficially, so that'll go up a tiny bit once that updates.
- Weight loss & conditioning. So I started this April with a VERY light diet (as in minor toning back portions - nothing major - still eating what I want. Well since April I'm down from an embarrassing 185 to a reasonable 145 - mostly due to a lot of long walks on the course. :) Tonight I got off work late and really wanted to get a round in. I decided to go for it and try and squeeze a round in before dark - jogging between holes & down the fairway while playing from 2 tees concurrently. I managed to finish the round (on a long 9200' course) in an hour & 20 mins...but most importantly...I was able to jog it and not keel over. I definitely wouldn't have been able to do that this spring. As a bonus - it didn't hurt my scores too bad. No personal bests...but both rounds were still above average.

Additional from my original post...

I won the 40th annual Washington State Championships in advanced this past weekend. Shot my rating both rounds. 970/978.

Last year at this time I won the Washington State Doubles tournament so In 2 weeks I get to defend that title.

Broke the 350' mark hyzer-flipping a Star Sidewinder
Push my average drive above 300'
Won something at a tournament
Settled on a putter and stable fairway driver.