• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] What is a TeeDevil?

Why is the V upsidedown. am I the only one who noticed that?

It's not upside down, check the orientation of the numbers and you can tell. It's confusing, though, because I think the writing is "mirrored" when looking at that picture, either because we're seeing it from behind or the picture was reversed.

I haven't been playing all that long but I remember when it was exciting when a new disc from Innova was coming out

not so much anymore

they have saturated the market with "new" discs with just 1 flight number change difference

and at this point most of their best discs are older discs
Roc, TB, Eagle, Destroyer, Wraith (ok maybe not all that old for these two), Firebird

I'm missing a few of their good ones obviously

I just don't get it

and with so many molds the quality control is going down

and is a Destroyer that isn't a Destroyer (because it has the wrong parts) even a legal disc for PDGA play?
it's not an approved disc...ha! or it wasn't until the TeeDevil (if DV is an actual Destrulcan)

this is back door approval

I haven't been playing all that long but I remember when it was exciting when a new disc from Innova was coming out

not so much anymore

they have saturated the market with "new" discs with just 1 flight number change difference

and at this point most of their best discs are older discs
Roc, TB, Eagle, Destroyer, Wraith (ok maybe not all that old for these two), Firebird

I'm missing a few of their good ones obviously

I just don't get it

and with so many molds the quality control is going down

and is a Destroyer that isn't a Destroyer (because it has the wrong parts) even a legal disc for PDGA play?
it's not an approved disc...ha! or it wasn't until the TeeDevil (if DV is an actual Destrulcan)

this is back door approval

The PDGA approval process has always been weird. Things like the Teebird+ shouldn't be legal because they've never been separately approved, but somehow by using the same name they can backdoor the disc in.

true

the name gets approved so as long as it says Destroyer it's "legal"

but man that is so wrong

It shows a lack of respect for their customers that Innova sold Destrolcans under a different name. You are not getting the product you were shelled your $$ out for. It is like buying a box of Frosted flakes and finding Fruit loops inside.

I think innova shows a lack of respect in all their drivers. They are so inconsisent that this is prob not even the biggest discrepency to date. I am always so MAD when I lose an Innova disc that I like. bc i will prob never get another that is the same.

I think innova shows a lack of respect in all their drivers. They are so inconsisent that this is prob not even the biggest discrepency to date. I am always so MAD when I lose an Innova disc that I like. bc i will prob never get another that is the same.

It definitely takes a lot of work to find something similar to what you had. You really have to know the aspects of your previous disc. I happened to go to our local DG store a few weeks back and looked through their 15 or so star destroyers. Every single one was a Destrulcan.

But if I want to replace my Force. I just go to Academy or whatever store is nearby and buy a new one. what a concept!!!!

the name gets approved so as long as it says Destroyer it's "legal"

yup. that's how i understand it anyways, steve dodge was talking about this when they were getting approval for the "trak" they were getting it approved first then updating the mold based on more extensive testing and tweak the existing mold from there. i would hope it's not common place but it seems that it is..

I see. but it is confusing because the TeeDevil is left to right not mirrored.

This! What chinaman wrote on this disc?

innova_tee_devil-1.jpg

The Photo is showing the top side of the disc. The 174 DV is written on the bottom side, just on a flipped horizontal axis. Not sure why so much confusion.

It sure looks like the underside though. That plastic would be pretty clear to see the markings, yet fairly cloudy looking at the same time, as compared to my other champion discs.

Latest posts