• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the best Dog Disc?

discmeister

Eagle Member
Looking for the best fetch disc for an 80+ lb dog, who loves to retrieve discs? DX plastic is too soft and gets tooth marked after a couple of sessions but I'm concerned champion may be too hard. I don't want to damage the dog's teeth or mouth. So all you disc dog guys, what do you use to play catch with your dogs? Should I get a real rubbery soft disc or a hard one? Do you recommend any doggie discs? Thanks.

I've had two avid disc dogs & after trying out almost everything that's on the market this one is by far my favorite. It's basically indestructable & floats in water. You can put quite a bit of snap into them too, unlike most other dog frisbees. I could prolly get them out to 250' or so. Not a whole lotta glide, but good enough if you have a quick, athletic dog.

Ive tried about everyone out there. below are the two best and they both are great for all sorts of shots. and in the premium plastics take a hell of a beating. i use my Jawz one the most. i play with my 3 dgos 4-5 times a week with it and its in fantastic shape.

Skyhoundz Jawz
<- misprint deal is awesome and part of the profit go to dog shelters
Hero 235 <- PDGA legal

vibram makes a dog disc its soft gummy rubber its very durable but doesnt fly that good ,I use it when I just want to let the dog have fun!

Seconding Jawz, as a dog specific disc that's easy on the mouth, my dog cannot destroy this disc.

Any Champ/Z disc works fine but yeah might be hard on the teeth, Star/FLX works well if you can teach your dog to differentiate between his discs and ones that he should not chase.

Have become a devout Taffy Supersonic thrower. Prerube is my witness.. my dog will destroy any other frisbee in moments. The taffy supersonics are durable. 4 months now with the same disc. They fly real well, even with a few chew marks.

Have become a devout Taffy Supersonic thrower. Prerube is my witness.. my dog will destroy any other frisbee in moments. The taffy supersonics are durable. 4 months now with the same disc. They fly real well, even with a few chew marks.

have you tried the Jawz? they last years not months. my dogs destroy everything in seconds (their the smart ones that will rip stitching out if they cant chew through stuff). they cant do jack squat to the Jawz frisbees.

Latest posts