• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the best line up

For my bag:
i'm just looking for a basic layout like 1 over stable driver one understabel one neutral. and etc for the rest. i throw about 250
disc's:
star leo
z comet
dx gazelle

shark
cobra
avair
blowfly (putter)

I'm pretty new to this myself but I've been reading a lot on the forum. I think most folks on here are going to tell you not to go for anything faster than the leopard or at most a teebird as your driver. Then grap either a buzz or Roc and what ever putter you like. Keep throwing those till you can get the leopard out to over 300. Don't try to learn more than 3-5 molds.

Over on the equipment forum - vonDrehle is doing a tabulation of "what do you throw? 2011" Hopefully it will be out soon.

Also over on the other DG site there's a couple very good threads that gives ideas of what get in various categories.

I'm pretty new to this myself but I've been reading a lot on the forum. I think most folks on here are going to tell you not to go for anything faster than the leopard or at most a teebird as your driver. Then grap either a buzz or Roc and what ever putter you like. Keep throwing those till you can get the leopard out to over 300. Don't try to learn more than 3-5 molds.

Over on the equipment forum - vonDrehle is doing a tabulation of "what do you throw? 2011" Hopefully it will be out soon.

Also over on the other DG site there's a couple very good threads that gives ideas of what get in various categories.

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Stick with what you got till you get a little better form, you have some good discs! Maybe get a TeeBird in case you run into much wind.

Drivers - Gazelle (stable/overstable) and Leopard (stable/understable)
Mids - Shark (stable) and Comet (understable)
Putter - Whatever feels good

That is a great bag to start with. :thmbup: Great choice of discs you have there, they are all good to learn with.

Thats funny. Here is a predator this works if you need to throw 50' max.

Nah prob wouldnt be to bad, but def better with the cobra right now.

How to Build a Bag by Garublador

^ good stuff.

If you're really, really just starting out, I'd go stable driver, stable mid, and putter. That would be Leopard/Gazelle, Comet, Aviar.

Next step up would be stable-overstable driver (one that you can make fade left), stable-understable driver (one that you can turnover to the right), stable-overstable mid, stable-understable mid, and putter: Eagle/Teebird, Leopard, Roc/Buzzz, Comet/Fuse, Aviar.

Once you really start to learn how to shape lines you can start adding discs for very specific shots (like very overstable for flex shots, spike hyzers, etc or very understable for hyzer flips, rollers, etc).

Could the Buzzz SS fit between the regular Buzzz and the Comet so there's only one mid? Or should a beginner really have both over and under stable mids? What about the meteor for an under mid? It's ratings are even more under stable than the Comet.

Latest posts