• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the best low priced basket?

UKfan

Eagle Member
I have been thinking about getting a basket for home practice. I have looked at the Innova Discatcher Traveler, the Discatcher Mini, the Skill Shot, the InStep brand, and on by Quest AT (it is made of plastic and pvc). I have not seen any of these in person but the Traveler. I was wondering what your thoughts are on the various models, or any others than I do not know.

I'm trying to talk my wife into getting me an Instep for my birthday next month. You can get them on ebay for $99 plus free shipping. Add $10-15 for a second set of chains (made from stuff from Lowe's/Home Depot), and you've got yourself a pretty good basket for a really good price.

Also, from one Cat fan to another, welcome to the site. GO CATS!

alan pier has discatchers for 200
pretty sure i saw em inside the barn during the meeting at the ace race, seems pretty cheap for a real basket

keep your eyes open for used deals also...picked up my instep with extra chains already added for 75 bucks...

I have an Instep and its not bad. It doesn't catch as well as a real basket (haven't got around to putting in the inner chains yet, maybe that will help). It is relativley cheap. One plus that I noticed is that the chains are much quieter than other baskets. Not as satisfying, but can be a plus for late night practice.

discatcher sport and the m-14 are both good for the price. depends on what you're looking for in choosing between the 2- sport is more portable, m-14 has that heavy real basket feel.

I was searching for the M-14 and also found a reference to Lightning DB-5. I know the Lightning is more expensive, but the question is will it withstand the weather better than the M-14. Also, I cannot find a reference to the Discatcher sport?

I have a DGA Mach Lite and it works really well. However, if you leave it out in the rain it does rust. I'm thinking about a permanent basket in the back yard, just don't tell my wife...

I'm trying to talk my wife into getting me an Instep for my birthday next month. You can get them on ebay for $99 plus free shipping. Add $10-15 for a second set of chains (made from stuff from Lowe's/Home Depot), and you've got yourself a pretty good basket for a really good price.

Also, from one Cat fan to another, welcome to the site. GO CATS!

There are good deals out there. I got mine for $60 on Ebay. $20 for the extra chains

Latest posts