• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the longest disc in your bag and why?

My furthest throws with any kind of accuracy is with my Lightning Prostyle, U-2. :rolleyes: But I'm guessing this thread isn't about putting.

When I drive for distance its LHFH and the disc that consistently gets me the greatest distance is my 168g Champion Groove. Unfortunately accuracy is a completely different matter. Getting 300+ is great, but getting 300+ 200 feet to the right or left sucks. :( However the past few times out I've been getting 250+ almost dead straight from my 174g ESP Tracker.

When I'm going for distance with my greatest degree of accuracy it's LHBH with my 150g Champion Leopard. But since the little lady coveted my Leopard it's in her bag now. A suitable replacement has been an old beat in Elite X XL.

My disc that I consistently throw the farthest is my 165 Surge, but I have a bad habit of grip locking it and sailing it off to the right, so I'm not always very accurate with it, but when I throw it straight, it goes about 20-30 feet further than anything else.

Right now? R-Pro boss gets a little more distance than my Leopard but the leopard is more controled. Beaming straight low shots around 260' but put me on a hill and oh boy, look out. lol

pro beast for lonnng anhyzers and straight shots(400' +) and the destroyer or xcalibur for straight shots or hyzer bombs(400' +)..of course the wind dictates which i throw.

ESP Surge 174g has been for about 2 years have loved them since I was introduced. I have thrown a lot of Discraft max drivers and this is by far my favorite, although I have yet to throw the force.

I'm the same with the ESP Surge. Thrown that thing about 430-450. The force is really nice and it's probably my most used driver for the predictable hyzer but I can't seem to get the same distance as when I hyzerflip the surge. My longest throw however was around a 480ish shot with a Surge SS. Still not sure how I got it to do that but it just flipped up and stayed straight on the line and glided down somewhere in the neighborhood of 500

I'm the same with the ESP Surge. Thrown that thing about 430-450. The force is really nice and it's probably my most used driver for the predictable hyzer but I can't seem to get the same distance as when I hyzerflip the surge. My longest throw however was around a 480ish shot with a Surge SS. Still not sure how I got it to do that but it just flipped up and stayed straight on the line and glided down somewhere in the neighborhood of 500

the surge ss has crazy glide, i just have trouble with it getting flippy on me, but when you get used to it, it's one of the longest discs out there

the surge ss has crazy glide, i just have trouble with it getting flippy on me, but when you get used to it, it's one of the longest discs out there

I still have yet to find a disc that will outfly my Surge SS. If you can get it on a very slight anny angle with speed it will hold and glide on that angle longer than any disc out there before fading back left. The problem is that it holds that anny line for so long you need a lot of room to do this shot and pretty much have to aim about 100' left of your target (RHBH). It's good for other shots as well, which is why it's my go-to driver, but it's not the best disc for bombing long hyzers as it likes to hyzer-flip and flatten out.

My 169 Star Valk. If I throw it right and hyzer flip it, it goes the farthers for me. If I don't get the right release, it will turn over and hit the ground to the right.

I gotta admit, it is comical to me seeing some post where guys are hitting out to damn near 500' with a surge/wraith/beast/force and then seein others chime in about their 250-300' bombs with a boss, no offence fellas, its just funny to me that people are throwin the fastest driver out there for a shot some would use a roc or wasp on.

It's a toss up for me between a 168 DX Valkyrie and a 172 Pro Wraith (very broke in).

If its calm, I throw a star beast 175. If thrown flat it will turn over slightly and then come back for added distance. If windy, I throw a star Boss 175 with a little anny on it. When it hits the ground there is usually an additional 20 - 30 ft of skip. My main driver, however, is a star Destroyer. I get almost as much distance with a lot more accuracy. Got my first ace with it! It is very consistent.

My big 'D' ain't that big...

I have a relatively weak arm so I don't throw any of those fast discs unless I am just goofing around in a field. I can throw my Sidewinder around 275' and keep it in a fairway. Once in a while everything clicks and I get 300'-350'. If I could just do that consistnetly and keep control I would be a happy man.