• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the most beautiful/scenic course you have played?

I've only played 22 courses so far :)\), but the most scenic has to be Coyote Point DGC @ Lake Casitas, home of March Mayhem!

dd6ac4a5.jpg

Coyote Point FTW! Hope to make it back there one of these days.

If everything goes according to plan I should be playing both Flip City and the Ludington courses this weekend.

I played finally got to play Flip this past weekend, and it definitly qualifies for this list. Very beautiful, but not so beat you down difficult that a first timer would get discouraged. After seeing TomJulio's pics, I really want to go back in the fall.

I disagree with Biscoe's earlier comment. Having lived on the West Coast my whole life I was dumbfounded by how beautiful Burke Lake in November was. East Coast does Autumn right! :thmbup:

For gorgeous unique terrain:
Waahila Ridge, Honolulu HI

For jaw dropping rock formations in Appalachian beauty:
Sugaree, Newland NC
See https://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=3127&p=cc8ce918

For Washington state northwest beauty:
NAD Park, Bremerton WA

For serene and green out in the country away from it all:
Lake Russel SP, Elberton GA

And one I haven't played yet, but dream about:
Base Camp Adventure Lodge, Moab UT
See https://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=2774&p=ba67ab9f

For gorgeous unique terrain:
Waahila Ridge, Honolulu HI

For jaw dropping rock formations in Appalachian beauty:
Sugaree, Newland NC
See https://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=3127&p=cc8ce918

For Washington state northwest beauty:
NAD Park, Bremerton WA

For serene and green out in the country away from it all:
Lake Russel SP, Elberton GA

And one I haven't played yet, but dream about:
Base Camp Adventure Lodge, Moab UT
See https://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=2774&p=ba67ab9f

Is NAD the course where they did munitions removal ten fifteen years ago?

How in the world did you anchor that basket to the rock ?
What is the body of water ?

Masonry anchors - pretty much the same thing rock climbers use, or for anchoring into concrete - drill a hole, set the anchor, bolt the basket on.

The body of water is Lake Pepin, the largest lake on the Mississippi River at about 27 miles long and 3 miles wide.

Masonry anchors - pretty much the same thing rock climbers use, or for anchoring into concrete - drill a hole, set the anchor, bolt the basket on.

The body of water is Lake Pepin, the largest lake on the Mississippi River at about 27 miles long and 3 miles wide.
Thanks. It is beautiful! Hope to play it one day along with Bald Eagle, Shu Pond & Standing Rocks.

I've played a lot of courses which I think show off nature in different ways (Pipeline in Spartanburg, SC, Grand Central Station in Central, SC, Little Mulberry Park in Dacula, GA, Jackson Park in Hendersonville NC, and Steady Ed DGC at the IDGC and several others) but if it was just one course it'd have to be Lake Point Park in Heflin, AL.

The Clemson club stopped there to play on our way back from UofA's tournament and man, is it just freaking pretty. It plays along a dam, then up into the woods, then back along the bottom of the dam, and finally in and around a field beside the dam. Just gorgeous scenery and the lake and dam only add to it.

I have to mention Mountain Lake DGC. One of the most scenic courses I have played. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=6420

Mountain Lake in Pembroke, VA is definitely up there. :thmbup:

Others that make my list:
Harmony Bends in Columbia, MO - simply beautiful.

Call me a homer, but I love the look and feel of Kensington Toboggan - all that elevation and wide expanses combine to create long sight lines and beautiful vistas. I never get tired of looking out over those fairways... makes getting my @$$ handed to me worth it.

Flip City - when the foliage is peaking mid summer you can't believe just how green this place is. Better yet in the fall... something to behold.

Shore Winds - Blue in Waterport, NY (primarily because of multiple holes with wonderful views of Lake Ontario).

Last edited:
Arizona courses

Northern Arizona has some attractive, forested courses. I haven't played a lot of them, but being from Phoenix, driving a few hours north and throwing plastic through an actual forest really ups the 'beauty factor.' I don't know if northern AZ has any, but I haven't yet played any 'epic' courses yet. Wood Lawn in Pinetop is a great course, mix of open and wooded holes, short and long, and it's 7000' in elevation so the weather is beautiful.

As for beginners, as long as it isn't 110 degrees out, I'd take beginners to Vista Del Camino in Scottsdale. It's a fairly easy course, but is also one of the courses in the PDGA Memorial tournament weekend. It is a city park, so it has well-maintained grass (that alone excites us desert dwellers), small man-made lakes (also exciting for us), and is pretty simple. More importantly, there is a great disc golf community based around this course, and there are always friendly locals / regulars that will let you join in. There is a great sportsbar that overlooks hole 12, and yes an errant drive will end up on their patio. There is also a Spinners on the Green, a great disc golf store, right next to the bar. The sense of community around this course is amazing, and a great way to immerse a beginner into the scene.

Sugaree stands out to me for its gorgeous mountain views. Also the tee signs blend in with nature much better than your typical colorful, plastic signs. It's a small touch that adds to the atmosphere.

I also find Chester State Park gorgeous from start to finish, though this video doesn't show it during the height of its beauty since it was late winter / early spring when I filmed this:

Lastly, I always found secluded winter rounds at Portage Lakes incredibly memorable. Something about the snow covered ground contrasting with the dark tree trunks does it for me. I miss this course bad.

Out of the 78 courses I have played, I played stafford lake on thanksgiving in 2008 and it was majestic. Rolling hills, green grass, beautiful lake, lovely trees, cows and wild turkeys everywhere. It is my top course.

"Out of the 78 courses I've played"... LOL!
DSCJNKY

Latest posts