• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the most beautiful/scenic course you have played?

no particular order...Flip City, Coyote Point, Warwick, Waterworks, Sabattus, LaMirada (palm tees and cut grass) and Burchfield/Devil's Den (for it's maintenance).

I've only played a few out West - nothing special. As for the mid-Atlantic - Mountain Lake near Blacksburg VA. :thmbup: :thmbup:

You are aware that Oregon, Washington and Colorado are considered in the west.

You'd be surprised....many westerners marvel at how green and alive the midwest and east coast can be....we often forget that the west has great vistas but also is typically dull scrub and dead looking foliage.

I think theres plenty of definitions of beauty just like theres plenty of different types of courses that can be enjoyed

In the end I tend to marvel at golf lines and the beauty of a disc in flight.....I kick myself for not noticing the scenery around me when I play....I have issues

I don't know if I could pick one, but I've loved the views at

Highbridge Blueberry
Sugaree
Deer Lakes
Woodshed/Whipping Post

Whistler's Bend and Beaver Ranch are the two most scenic and IMO, beautiful courses that I've played. But then, I'm a sucker for epic courses set high in incredibly beautiful mountainous terrain.

Honorable mention goes to Stafford Lake and Coyote Point @ Lake Casitas. And although, I truly dislike playing them, most every ski resort course I've ever played deserve mention for their scenic beauty, they include Crystal Mountain in Washington and Sky High in Wrightwood, CA.

And alone in the category of most scenic/beautiful courses I haven't played would be Base Camp Adventure Lodge in Moab, Utah.

You are aware that Oregon, Washington and Colorado are considered in the west.

Mind... blown!

Haven't even played Milo, but it's got to be up there.

For me, a lot of it comes down to the timing. I just played the Selah courses, and I was out on Creekside shortly before sunset. That was pretty stinkin' beautiful, even without any mountain vistas or pine forests. As far as local favorites go, NE Lions park in Norman goes around a nice little lake. Playing there in early morning when the wind/water is calm, especially after spring has set in, can be extremely beautiful.

Whistler's Bend and Beaver Ranch are the two most scenic and IMO, beautiful courses that I've played. But then, I'm a sucker for epic courses set high in incredibly beautiful mountainous terrain.

Honorable mention goes to Stafford Lake and Coyote Point @ Lake Casitas. And although, I truly dislike playing them, most every ski resort course I've ever played deserve mention for their scenic beauty, they include Crystal Mountain in Washington and Sky High in Wrightwood, CA.

And alone in the category of most scenic/beautiful courses I haven't played would be Base Camp Adventure Lodge in Moab, Utah.

100% agree on Beaver Ranch, Stafford Lake and Coyote Point.

I'm going to add Bucksnort, Brian Head and the Las Vegas Ski & Snowboard mountain courses to the list as well. I can't just pick 1 or 2. :thmbup:

I would have to include a couple of courses here in Michigan. Specifically the upper peninsula.

The Tailings in Iron River is an absolutely beautiful course in regards to the ruins it is built on. Tough but fair.
Powder Mill in Marquette. This course is built on the banks of the dead river and while the river doesn't really enter play, the course is fair and beautiful for introducing someone to the sport.

Haven't thrown outside the midwest, but there a couple of gems. Standing Rocks (N. Central Wisconsin), Bryant lake (west of twin cities and the most manicured course I've witnessed) and Water Works here in KC (gorgeous backdrop of the city on many holes). Want to make it to both the NE and NW for some courses. They look gorgeous on tourney videos and pics from DGCR.

Independence Lake, it's located just off of Whitmore Lake in Michigan, and its a beautiful 18 hole course that they just added a bonus 9 to. Plenty of wide open holes with lots of elevation changes, but it also gives you some very technical wooded holes as well to play. Definitely a solid course to hone your game.

If I could, I'd bring every new player to Horning's Hideout and play the Valley course...and then go play Meadow ridge by myself.

The whole property is amazing and the woods are beautiful.

Tough to pick just one, but I'd have to say Selah Lakeside. The combination of the lake and trees is stunning. I'd imagine Maple Hill is pretty similar but also has the changing leaves there so I'm sure it has some amazing views.

Honorable mentions:

Sugaree
Deer Lakes in the fall
Richmond Hill has some beautiful holes
Waterworks

-Raw Beauty , bohart ranch. Rugged, long, short, big sky country at its finest. not to mention you might get mauled by a cougar adds to the elements.

-Subtle Beauty, flip city. Something about playing up in Northern Michigan when it is blistering hot in the lower midwest just makes most courses up their perhaps more beautiful weather wise. And if you happen to get the timing right when the leaves peak...oh my god... it is just like heaven.

-Not sure what Mt.Airy would fall under but it is a gorgeous course in a large forest tucked smack dab in the middle of Cincinnati, so I guess it would be the most unique type of beautiful course.

"Out of the 78 courses I've played"... LOL!
DSCJNKY

yup, 78 courses, hopefully by july 10th I'll be around 780 courses and I can say ive played 10 times that amount since that post

Independence Lake, it's located just off of Whitmore Lake in Michigan, and its a beautiful 18 hole course that they just added a bonus 9 to. Plenty of wide open holes with lots of elevation changes, but it also gives you some very technical wooded holes as well to play. Definitely a solid course to hone your game.

...and more poison Ivy than you can shake ten sticks at.

FYI Between Red Hawk Original and Red Hawk X, the facility now offers 36 holes total. I recently updated the Original map to show the twelve new holes (X1-X12), which when played with holes A-F, comprise the Red Hawk X course. Original course has 18 Orange Mach III's. X Course has regular Chainstars.

Ashe County is beautiful. As well as Rolling Pines in Wilkesboro, and Jackson Park in Hendersonville.

Of the very limited courses I've been to, all in Texas and Louisiana... Lake Claiborne State Park Whitetail was the most beautiful last fall. I'd like to go there for the park without disc golf. The fact that there's a truly great course (Whitetail) and another very good course (Dogwood) on site. Nice cabins in a peaceful and beautiful setting with wildlife everywhere... (no cell phone reception... no work).

It was the best vacation spot I've ever been to. No stress.