• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the most beautiful/scenic course you have played?

Out of the 78 courses I have played, I played stafford lake on thanksgiving in 2008 and it was majestic. Rolling hills, green grass, beautiful lake, lovely trees, cows and wild turkeys everywhere. It is my top course.

The most beautiful course I've ever played is on the side of a Volcano in Maui. Great layout and use of the land with beautiful scenery and views on every hole. These pictures do it no justice, but it'll give you an idea at least.

View.jpg

90DoglegRightAproach.jpg

BuddhaHole2.jpg

LowClearance.jpg

dontmiss.jpg

GOlden Bell camp and conference Center in divide, CO, or Water Works in KCMO. Golden bell was just amazing with the aspens and mountains and how the holes flowed. Nice rustic feel

That course in Maui looks stunning. Can that course be found on this site?

^^ya its there. I think it called Poli Poli but goea by an alias on this site - jut earch for it on the map

It appears to be 'extinct' on this website. Perhaps the private owner was unhappy with the publicity.

What is the most beautiful/scenic course you have played?
The Missoula, MT Snow Bowl Ski Area
ddd18a44.jpg

Last edited:
It appears to be 'extinct' on this website. Perhaps the private owner was unhappy with the publicity.

This was more or less the impression that i got from the locals who showed me around. Well worth the effort to try and hook up with a guide if you happen to be out there though.

^Oops sorry... I remembered it being further south.

It's hard to beat that Humboldt Greenery.
DSCJNKY

That's better. Ya can't just go around calling Humboldt, Mendo, or the other way around, people get offended.

OR & WA are high on my list of places I want to go...not just for DG. If fact DG would be an afterthought/sidenote on any trip I would take to that area. I think of that as the NW....almost exclusively due to the different feel of things there (that I have gotten from pictures, movies, etc).

The Northwest rules! I'm biased though. I like to think of myself as one of the experts of Northwest courses along with Cefire and The Valkyrie Kid. I have had the pleasure to play almost 120 courses here in the Pacific Northwest. Some of my favorites as far as being scenic or beautiful:

Lucky Mud in WA
Crystal Mountain in WA
Whistler's Bend in OR
Sorosis Park in OR
Pier Park in OR