• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is the Trilogy Wraith....?

Lancerswimmer89

Birdie Member
What's the Trilogy equivalent to a Wraith?

I have access to a large amount of Trilogy plastic, so that's why I ask, instead of just going out and buying a Wraith.

I've been toying with a Sergeant, Trespass, Raider, and a Flow. just looking for a little input.

Closest I've seen fly like a Wraith at the same speed has been an Enforcer in biofusion, but you gotta beat it in a little bit. I haven't tried the Flow personally, but I know that Trespass and Raider are both faster and not as stable. The Grace is the same speed (rim width), but flippy. Grace is probably the best beat-in Wraith out of the box.

Closest I've seen fly like a Wraith at the same speed has been an Enforcer in biofusion, but you gotta beat it in a little bit. I haven't tried the Flow personally, but I know that Trespass and Raider are both faster and not as stable.

I'd second the Bio Enforcer, just know it will not stay that way for long. If you can get your hands on a -X plastic Trespass that might do what you need

I'd say Grace or Trespass, but both will be a bit more understable. The Grace is a really great driver but if you drive over ~400 it will be a hyzer flip and turnover disc, not something you can mash on and trust to come back.
(I will add that I only have a sample size of one though)

I have been throwing all these discs. Lucid Trespass and VIP Sword both really understable. Grace fresh from a store is just a bit flippier than Wraith. Lucid-X Trespass and Biofuzion Enforcer are both more overstable.

I would say beefy Grace or beat in Biofuzion Enforcer. Grace becomes too understable over time.

I bought Champion Wraith to replace my lost well seasoned Lucid-X Trespass and I would say they are pretty similar. Lucid-X plastic takes a long time to beat in.

I've used Trespasses and Wraiths basically interchangeably. Equivalent cycle:

Stable: worked-in Star or fresh G* Wraith / fresh Lucid or fresh Fuzion Trespass
Workhorse: worked-in G* or fresh Pro Wraith / worked-in Lucid or worked-in Fuzion Trespass
Understable: worked-in Pro Wraith / worked-in Biofuzion or beat Lucid or beat Fuzion Trespass

Obviously if you use an equivalent plastic (Star and Fuzion, for example) then the Wraith is a bit more stable. But with the entire spectrum of plastics to work with, you really can mimic a Wraith cycle with Trespasses and vice versa. I ended up cycling Trespasses over Wraiths mostly because I liked the hand feel better (shallower). It was also easier for me to cycle Trespasses.

All that being said, I switched to a gyro driver lineup this year so what do I know.

I threw a Sargent this weekend. Not sure how I would compare it to a Wraith. What it reminded me of the most is a longer, faster Escape. If I had to put numbers on it I would say it was probably 11/5/-0.5/2. I've thrown Trespasses and have some throws in with a Grace and I would say it is slightly more high speed stable than either of those. I think the Sargent I threw was in Fusion plastic, average dome, and close to max weight.

I've used Trespasses and Wraiths basically interchangeably. Equivalent cycle:

Stable: worked-in Star or fresh G* Wraith / fresh Lucid or fresh Fuzion Trespass
Workhorse: worked-in G* or fresh Pro Wraith / worked-in Lucid or worked-in Fuzion Trespass
Understable: worked-in Pro Wraith / worked-in Biofuzion or beat Lucid or beat Fuzion Trespass

Obviously if you use an equivalent plastic (Star and Fuzion, for example) then the Wraith is a bit more stable. But with the entire spectrum of plastics to work with, you really can mimic a Wraith cycle with Trespasses and vice versa. I ended up cycling Trespasses over Wraiths mostly because I liked the hand feel better (shallower). It was also easier for me to cycle Trespasses.

All that being said, I switched to a gyro driver lineup this year so what do I know.

I'd say this is pretty spot on

I used to throw Trespasses, currently throw Raiders, and have dabbled with Wraiths for the last few months

Bio Enforcer when seasoned might mimic a Wraith but I'd expect more H/LSS from the Enforcer

I think based on specs the Trespass is closest to a Wraith
Lucid-X, Chameleon (if they have them) and pop top Lucid will give the best HSS with some workable turn

Raider is faster and more H/LSS stable than the Trespass
I went to the Raider because it was a touch faster than the Trespass but felt similar. It gave me the extra distance, with control, that I was looking for

I'd say the Raider is the disc that sits between a Wraith and a Destroyer

Over the winter I used GStar Wraiths which seem to have a stability similar to a slightly seasoned Fuzion Trespass

Based on how those Wraiths flew for me I picked up some Pro and Star Wraiths (and some Nathan Queen Wraiths).

Heavy Star Wraith will be close to a Lucid-X Trespass

The Rive is more of a Destroyer. Bigger wing. Quite HSS (unless you throw 450++)

Grace is likely close to a Wraith as well but I haven't really had any throwing time with a Grace to speak about those

I'd say Grace or Trespass, but both will be a bit more understable. The Grace is a really great driver but if you drive over ~400 it will be a hyzer flip and turnover disc, not something you can mash on and trust to come back.
(I will add that I only have a sample size of one though)

That's the kind of Grace I'd want. Mine is an absolute bomber though, but it doesn't always turn and I throw 400'+. The Trespasses I've thrown have been roughly the same stability, but with a greater tendency to turn and fade..

Yeah my Graces are also flying like a -1/2 or -2/2 on a hard and flat release at 380 to 400 feet of power. I'm also only at 700 feet of elevation. All the Graces I've thrown are not that flippy initially. The perfect amount of flippy really.

Yeah my Graces are also flying like a -1/2 or -2/2 on a hard and flat release at 380 to 400 feet of power. I'm also only at 700 feet of elevation. All the Graces I've thrown are not that flippy initially. The perfect amount of flippy really.

sounds really similar to a hurricane. maybe the grace isn't exactly something worth trying out for me

I'd say the Opto Sword is damn close, minus 1 tick of stability. A 175g Opto Sword and a 168g Star Wraith are almost the same.

I went to the field and tested this out. Results from most overstable to understable:

Biofuzion Enforcer, beat in
Champion Wraith, new and flat
Lucid-X Trespass, new, very similar to C Wraith
Royal Grand Grace, new and domey, similar to S Wraith but narrower S shaped flight
Star Wraith, new and domey
Lucid Trespass, new and flat, turns over but fades at the end
VIP Sword, slightly used, keeps turning forever

All discs weighted 173-175 grams.

My LX Trespasses barely even turns while Star Wraith has nice S-shaped flight. I dont know how you guys find these two interchangeable.

When I was toying with an all 11 speed driver line up, I hade Wraiths, a Trespass, a Sword and a Mamba in the bag. I tried a Boatman, but I almost never need anything that OS. Flows just didn't seem as long for me as the others. My one Mystere was a glideless turd. I had a Aries that worked well in the most US slot too.

Latest posts