• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is this disc worth (Part V)?

I have a fun one. 17 Vibram prototypes. Because they didn't have mold tooling or inaccurate tooling I can't say 100% what each disc is. The only wear is virtually undetectable field testing. Even the discs I kept in my bag for a few months show nearly no sign of wear.

attachment.php
Yikes! The no way to ID it thing hurts; you almost need somebody who wants to buy the whole bunch and figure it out. I have no clue how you would price that. :eek:

Anybody?

I've sold some Vibram lately and never got over $35 for any of the discs, most went for around $20 if they were new. The plain colored discs go for less, the more colors they have the higher the price.
This was on a FB Vibram group page.

Hi

How much is unthrown VIP-X Harp worth?

I am no expert, but those only dropped about 4 or 5 months ago at $25.00 a piece. I don't think they would be much more than that. My guess, which has no weight whatsoever, is that they would top out around $40 but I think that's pushing it.

I think the tough part with trilogy is that they have tried to release so many special runs and limited releases that 90% of those don't increase in value. After the Criminal went OOP I went on ebay to snag some up, and they still had pre-release and first run ones for the same price as the stock stamps...

All this being said, the harp is a popular mold so I could be wrong.

I have a pair of old Elie Z Comets and have no idea what they are worth. They are both max weight, and have the Walled Lake tooling. One is 9.5/10 from storage wear no ink , the other has my name inked in inner rim and is 8/10.

Also what are the 2018 Crowned Eagle MD3 going for? This one has no ink and is a 9/10 only used for field work.

See attached photos

Attachments

• 9F884275-D776-408C-B0DF-E4E8345E0D2B.jpg
    9F884275-D776-408C-B0DF-E4E8345E0D2B.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 74387213-3E19-41E6-BCCE-F5896A5E461B.jpg
    74387213-3E19-41E6-BCCE-F5896A5E461B.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 23
Give it a try here and get some opinions, this is an error run of the 06 am worlds Tulsa orcs, think only 13 went out to the club before they realized it wasn't special blend and Sent back, it champ plastic, but old school IRC's for sure, thoughts on value high and low?

Attachments

• 6C5D5768-5378-46B2-B27E-1C1C0075B7AF.jpg
    6C5D5768-5378-46B2-B27E-1C1C0075B7AF.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 55
I have a pair of old Elie Z Comets and have no idea what they are worth. They are both max weight, and have the Walled Lake tooling. One is 9.5/10 from storage wear no ink , the other has my name inked in inner rim and is 8/10.

Also what are the 2018 Crowned Eagle MD3 going for? This one has no ink and is a 9/10 only used for field work.

See attached photos
I loved those Comets, they were so sweet. The red ones especially, those were a great run of Comets. The fact that Z Comets are everywhere hurts the value of them as throwers, but the one with no ink should have a collectable value. I just have not seen one in years so I don't know.

Actually I'm no help, I'm just getting excited and yelling "Cool Comets!" but I have no idea what they are worth.

Give it a try here and get some opinions, this is an error run of the 06 am worlds Tulsa orcs, think only 13 went out to the club before they realized it wasn't special blend and Sent back, it champ plastic, but old school IRC's for sure, thoughts on value high and low?
I would think they would be worth what any pfn Champ Orc would go for + tack on $5 for a cool stamp and backstory. Now if I just knew what pfn Champ Orcs go for I might actually be helpful...

I loved those Comets, they were so sweet. The red ones especially, those were a great run of Comets. The fact that Z Comets are everywhere hurts the value of them as throwers, but the one with no ink should have a collectable value. I just have not seen one in years so I don't know.

Actually I'm no help, I'm just getting excited and yelling "Cool Comets!" but I have no idea what they are worth.

I would think they would be worth what any pfn Champ Orc would go for + tack on $5 for a cool stamp and backstory. Now if I just knew what pfn Champ Orcs go for I might actually be helpful...

Since it isn't special blend, could that be the candy pro that the 11x discs are? It does kinda have that shimmer to it...

I got a s-line First run PD, slighty beat up, 173g with three sets of markings. What might that be worth?

I got a s-line First run PD, slighty beat up, 173g with three sets of markings. What might that be worth?

THREE sets of markings...hmm. And since it's in your possession I'll assume you are AT LEAST it's 4th owner.

Answer # 1: Something. It's a 1st run!

Answer # 2: Not much. It's a "troubled child" that no one wants it. But under the right parenting it COULD flourish; there's always hope!

Answer # 3: Nothing. It's either been lost 3 previous times (and you'll just lose it yourself - costing you 2 shots) or it's been purposefully "left" by it's previous owners because they couldn't handle it.

Answer # 4: Less than nothing. Unless you get rid of it really quickly, it'll corrupt all the other discs in you bag - inciting mutiny and desertion. After a very short while you will have lost all your other discs.

THREE sets of markings...hmm. And since it's in your possession I'll assume you are AT LEAST it's 4th owner.

Answer # 1: Something. It's a 1st run!

Answer # 2: Not much. It's a "troubled child" that no one wants it. But under the right parenting it COULD flourish; there's always hope!

Answer # 3: Nothing. It's either been lost 3 previous times (and you'll just lose it yourself - costing you 2 shots) or it's been purposefully "left" by it's previous owners because they couldn't handle it.

Answer # 4: Less than nothing. Unless you get rid of it really quickly, it'll corrupt all the other discs in you bag - inciting mutiny and desertion. After a very short while you will have lost all your other discs.

LOL. I always wonder about those discs that have multiple names/numbers on them. They seem to pass aimlessly from person to person.

LOL. I always wonder about those discs that have multiple names/numbers on them. They seem to pass aimlessly from person to person.

I get many more calls/texts from people that have found a disc I sold than I do discs I actually lost myself... I'd guess at least a 5-1 ratio. I lost 5 Teslas one summer and 4 Waves the next summer and never got 1 back. but i'll be damned if I haven't gotten 3 different calls/texts for a G* Tern I sold. lol

Last edited:

the few discs I have found like that are just beginner discs that once you get better, they disappear from your bag and the next beginner has the disc. My Rubber putter was just that from an Uncle who tried to get the disc back to the owner but he did not want it going for 2 max weight Rubber Putters as that one was 168 grams. My Uncle had the disc then I had it and traded it for one of the old Stiff Magnets my mom got as my brother did not like the disc, neither did my mom who had and still has a late 1990's Classic Grid Aviar 172 grams from a cousin of mine who started up making an all Discraft Bag at the time and still uses only Discraft and DGA with the Arrow from Aerobie as his only non Discraft disc. My uncle the cousins father, now after loosing his disc collection in a house fire has a Discraft only bag too.

I am the 4th owner of my favorite flippy teebird. I am a used bin junkie.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Its how I fell for the Wasp. Had just lost a fairly new Z Comet and was short on money with a big tourney that weekend. A guy I know told me to go look and see if the beat to hell Wasp he had traded in was still in the used bins. $6 and never bought another Comet. :thmbup:

Latest posts