• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
at least now we have john houck's phone number...
to the right person maybe ten bucks, other than that, 6-7 bucks.

This one is a REAL collector's item.

Yes, it looks like a super-warped convention frisbee, with an odd knob on the right.
100_3959.jpg

But that odd knob is actually 8 LEDs in a vertical line.
100_3960.jpg

The underside shows the genius of it all:
100_3961.jpg

You turn on the off/on switch, and the LEDs blink. Lots. Fast. SEEMINGLY randomly. Big deal, right? Well, when you throw it, the LEDs spell COMPAQ in a grand marquee!!!!!! Amazing!

This one is a REAL collector's item.

Yes, it looks like a super-warped convention frisbee, with an odd knob on the right.
100_3959.jpg

But that odd knob is actually 8 LEDs in a vertical line.
100_3960.jpg

The underside shows the genius of it all:
100_3961.jpg

You turn on the off/on switch, and the LEDs blink. Lots. Fast. SEEMINGLY randomly. Big deal, right? Well, when you throw it, the LEDs spell COMPAQ in a grand marquee!!!!!! Amazing!

uhhh, 1 dollar, maybe 2?

looking at the wear on that thing I assume someone was using it for DG?

I don't remember if I got it new or used. Definitely looks like it's been skipped on some pavement a few million times. It wasn't warped until I jammed it into a box with my other frisbees for a few years.

That birdie has no thumbtrac does it?

Stingray- I have seen them for stupid prices, I got a mint pink one for a less than stupid price. I think I paid $15 which is probably a bit high for ancient dx but others have sold for $50+

My first discs - are they worth anything???

Bought these off of ebay probably in about 2002/2003 area and used these to play for years and years so they have significant use/wear. I don't think they're worth anything but i've been curious so i figured i'd just throw em up here and see what everyone thought.

I'm interested in their value in their worn state and if the were in pristine condition.

Yellow - Leopard - 171g -Worlds Biggest DG Weekend 2000 stamp
Blue - Cobra - 171g -WBDGW 1999 Stamp
Red - Whippet - 169g - 1999 PDGA National Doubles Championships

Attachments

• IMAG0069.jpg
    IMAG0069.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 30
  • IMAG0070.jpg
    IMAG0070.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMAG0068.jpg
    IMAG0068.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 55
About three-four bucks each, unless you find someone who wants those specific stamps.

Wow! look at all these old DX discs coming out of the woodwork and totally being worth like a C note a piece. I wish I could find DX discs in molds nobody throws any more. You guys have all the luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.