• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your Bag Size, and Why?

How many discs do you carry? (multiple choice if Tourney bag and Casual bag differ)

• Total voters
I have a Innova standard bag (Don't buy the weekender bag, unless you're good with a bag that only lasts a few months) in Camo.

In it, I have:
Katana(blizzard) 138g
Destroyer (Echo Star) 172g
Lace (Medium) 169g
Blitz (Gold Line) 172g
Trak (Medium) 169g
Polarus (LS) ???g (Found this one, no number)
Zombee (Z) 176g
M4 (Proto) 180g
Stingray (DX) ???g
Ion (Proton) 170g
Blowfly I (usual) 172g

I carry 14. I like the lineup and I've been successful with it. And that number fit, albeit tight in my Fade Crunch. But now that I carry a Voodoo, Mojo, I have much more room for extra discs, food, clothes, drinks blah, blah, blah...

For casual rounds I usually carry 10 in a Fade Lite. If I'm going to a course I don't know or into a tournament I add up to 10 more and carry an Innova Competition. Those "10 more" are mostly backups or discs that probably won't see any action anyway though. My current setup for casual rounds is:

Putters: Anode, Ion
Mids: Buzzz, Fuse, Pain
Fairways/Drivers: Trident, Saint, Avenger SS, Gazelle, Predator

Two of the last three best rounds I've thrown over the last month have come with very minimal disc use. One was just Buzzz and Anode, and the other was Gazelle, Buzzz, and Anode. I've found that the less complex I make it, the better.

IF I were to carry a bigger bag, it would be something like this:

Putters: Anode, Ion, Pure x2
Mids: Buzzz x3, Comet/Fuse, Pain
Everything else: Trident, Saint/Volt, Avenger SS, Gazelle x5, Predator/Firebird, Wraith

But again... If I can throw a solid round with two or three discs, why haul around 20?

I carry 21-25 largely because that's how many my Discarrier holds (and I won that in a tourney).

Other than that, it's for discs with a range of stabilities:
X4 Nukes
X4 Gazelles
X3 Bosses
X2 Ibices (Ibexes)
X2 Destroyers
X2 Warlocks
... And some other utility discs.

I am in the 16-20 category, sometimes more for a tourney on a course with a lot of water. I mostly have different molds for different shots, and the overlapping molds I do have fly fairly differently. I throw a lot of FH, especially off of the tee, and I find it easier to throw different discs on similar lines than to try to make a few discs fly different ways. FWIW, the molds I carry have changed very little in the last couple of years, which I do believe helps with consistency.

8696534837_099282a283.jpg

Not necessarily how they are pictured but in order of how they are organized in the bag - by type and then stability.

White Carolina:
Soft 2nd Run Ion
Premium Jokeri
Neutron Tangent
Star San Marino Roc
145g Z Hornet
Z Hornet
Z Drone
Pro Leopard
Champion Leopard
Star TeeBird (seasoned)
Champion TeeBird (seasoned)
Champion TeeBird
Z Predator
SP Hurricane
Pro Line Hurricane
Opto XXX
136g Blizzard Boss

Blue Shift
Neutron Ion
Premium Jokeri
Neutron Tangent
Icon Ghost
Z Hornet
Pro Leopard
Champion Leopard
Champion Glow Roadrunner
Star TeeBird (seasoned)
Champion TeeBird
Z Predator
SP Hurricane

Last edited:
Currently it's this:

Putter:
Pro D Magnet (Soft), Wizard (Eraser), Warlock SSS, DX Aviar

Mid-Range:*
Z Buzzz, Champion Panther, DX Wolf

Driver:
Pro D Surge, Z Nuke SS, DX Beast, Champion Groove, Sidewinder DX

May be morphing into this:

(slashes indicate 1 of that group will win out)
Driver:
Sidewinder, Flick

Fairway Driver:
Teebird, Leopard

Mid:
Comet / Wolf / Panther
Cro / Gator
Buzz

Putters:
Magnet, Warlock, Wizard

And still considering:
DX/Champ Firebird (OH/FH), Gold Flying Squirrel, DX Wedge, Neutron Ion, Neutron Anode

Add in the Aviar that is my daughters putter and yes that's a lot of putting molds, but while I've played for a year, my experience is pretty limited and I'm still feeling out what is my preferred putting style, so more discs and vary methods and see what shakes out. :)

I carry everything that I want to. I end up in the 11-15 disc range when playing a full sized course...less for pitch and putts. I could do with a few less, but I like having multiples to tee off with if I want. Not really anything else I'd want to add, except sometimes I add a lightly seasoned Quasar in between the two I regularly carry for really long courses. Current setup...

A putting Ion.
A driving Ion.
A driving beat Anode.
Light, seasoned Tangent for turning mid.
Neutron Axis, straight mid.
2 test Tensors of slightly different degrees of overstable.
Amp as an understable driver.
2 Volts as my go to line shaping driver.
Shock as my go to overstable driver.
XXX for certain utility shots, extreme winds etc. Shock used more but it still has some uses.
Beat Quasar for max D understable.
Fresh Quasar for max D stable to slightly overstable.

11-15.
Lets see.. I carry:
2 SS Wizards. 1 Opto Pure. 1 EZE Hard Sinus.
2 production champ Roc3s. 1 M1.
1 Champ Teebird. 2 Medium Traks. 1 Medium Ascent. 1 champ FB.

A random guy I was playin a round with yesterday commented on why I have so many putter molds in my bag.. which to me it's pretty obvious but I guess he didn't realize what I was using each putter for cause he made this comment on the 2nd to last hole Haha

I like to keep 10-12 discs in my bag, several drivers, a few mids and a couple putters is all I need, but I'm currently expanding my selection and exploring new discs... there are just too many good discs out anymore!

So I chose to go with a Fade bag meant for 10-14 discs, it works perfect for my discs and I still have sufficient storage for anything I need. Also the attached beverage holder is a must have for a bag, you gotta have something to hold on to your beer while you're hittin chains! :thmbup::popcorn:

Star Valk, Star Sidewinder, S Jackal, Aftershock, and Judge in a Nutsac bag. Because that makes me happy and suits my personality.

Latest posts