• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your best shot?

Hole 18 at Sipapu Ski Resort is a 568 ft all downhill slope shot. I flicked a Daedalus 150 ft past the basket! thats a 700 ft shot! it was the most amazing to watch fly all the way down the mountain

In terms of shots I don't see many other people use, I'd say it's my knack for forehand roller approach shots. Generally as a get out of trouble or low ceiling approach, I'm usually able to put them pretty close, barring hitting a rock or twig that screws it up :gross:

Not that I'm good at this shot at all - but I saw this and had to shout it somewhere as I had no witnesses when playing this weekend. Was in jail ~130' out and staring at a lot of bad options. No FH, No BH, No Thumber choices. Contemplated just pitching out and taking my 4. Then it hit me. If I hit that tiny gap on a FH roller it just may have a chance. Only chance at saving a 3 and I figured even if the roll sucked I'd be able to save my 4. Hit the gap...smile. It's on the line I wanted (shocked). Avoids the big tree I thought it'd stop at. curls around, glances off the pole (dang) and rolls 15' out. Hit the putt.

It's amazing how saving a 3 can feel so much better than draining a 2.

Tomahawk putt. Practice it quite a bit from 30-40 feet. Perfect for when my normal underhanded putt is impossible due to branches/brush/weeds etc.

Spike hyzering an OS putter (currently the Harp) over large bushes. I surprise myself by how often this seeming desperation shot works out just fine to save par.

Scooby, by far. Normally a spider but sometimes a Zone, seems I can bend that around anything and slide it under a basket from anywhere inside 100 feet. RHFH from that distance are too unpredictable.

I love the gentle turnover line I can put on my Comet, but I can only get it on shots muscled to about 200-220. Anything more or less gets yanked into the trees...

:hfive: :clap:

/Would put in a big grinning smiley if I was better at the netz.

"turbine712

I really enjoy throwing approach shots. Love to watch my disc follow a nice line through the woods. "

This is the real answer.

Scoober.

Great touch shot for getting out of bushes and stuff. My biggest holdover from Ultimate.

My upshots are pretty deadly. Mainly cuz my driving and putting were horrific when I started and I had to find a way to par holes :p

probably throwing my putters and mids sidearm. People who arnt sidearm dominant dont understand how i can flick a putter or mid without turning it over.

For me it's the thumb roller, great get out of trouble spot and if a hole is under 300 with a low ceiling it can even be a good way to tee off sometimes.

Backward facing, over the shoulder stradle putts with an XD when I have an obstical b/t me and the basket and/or to the left has a higher canopy for loft.

Skip putts with a Banshee when the canopy is just too low to run the basket.

Hyzer spike approach/putts with a Gummy Rhyno outside of 70' when there's a window.

DX Wolf goodness which, no one else I know dares to throw.

Sky-High Ani-shots with my putter. I can usually blast it over the top of trees and let it glide down to the fairway or pin.

Latest posts