• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is your favorite disc to watch someone else throw?

any mid going ~400ft is great to watch. just going and going and keeps going

I remember yeaaars ago seeing a video where Shoestrings said he used his putters for "up to 400'" and I thought... horsesheets.

Then I saw some pros ripping putters on 350' flat-ground holes and realized how amazing these guys are. I can get a putter to 250' without a problem and feel absolutely fine with that. But 400' is a driver or a roller for me. No way I'll ever match that insanity.

I saw Will throw a blue champion destroyer on a 500' hyzerflip that had almost zero lateral movement. It was the prettiest shot I've ever seen to date.

id rather watch someone flick a neutral or US putter 250 than someone flick a zone

Probably watching whitefedora through 140g mambas with the price sticker still on them.

Truthfully, the only disc I like seeing someone else throw is one where it's being thrown for a good dog to catch. :thmbup:

Everything else, I wanna be throwing myself.

Nobody wants to watch me flex a Phase or Firebird? Bummer...

I would say watching Simon/Eagle throwing PD2's is the craziest thing to see. It's more or less the same line I would get throwing a wraith, just 200' or so further.

Neutral mid like Comet or straight Roc or whatever holds the line. Doesn't matter if it's dead straight or mild hyzer or anny. It's the best to me when I have never seen someone throw that exact disc, but after 30' out of the hand I know exactly where it's going to land, so you can just enjoy the rest of the flight.

I traded my River to my buddy. I love to watch him throw it, because you never know which way it's gonna go.

Funny to see him put so much hope into a shot only to have his dreams dashed. Hope he never gives up on it.

Rocs. I started throwing Rocs because, as a kid, I watched my uncle Brent throw his '02 USDGC Rocs, and my dad throw his KC Rocs. As someone said earlier in this thread, watching somebody carve lines with a Roc is a thing of beauty.
It is my destiny to master the art of the Roc, as my kinsman have before me!! Haha

I like watching Mike C throw any of the MVP products.... Especially anything new that I might be interested in buying... and anything in my bag so I know how it might fly one day.

It's more about shots than about discs.

Slightly downhill gliding spin putt on a straight line into the basket is magic!