• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What is your favorite distance driver?

150 11x Eagle xs. At one point they were distance drivers so it counts. They're just so OS and light and wonderful. Really easy to get the distance I need and it won't flip on me.

According to last years "what do you throw" thread for Speed 9-14 discs it's:
1- Firebird
2- Destroyer
3- Valkyrie
4 - Wraith
5 - Predator

My personal choice is a Star Beast but I'm looking something a little more stable - Firebird may be a little too stable and I'm not going higher than speed 9 or 10. So I'm thinking about getting a Pred.

I used to love my beasts...until I picked up a saint. That thing just flies beautifully for me. I was also thinking about trying out some westside plastic for that same feel but slightly more overstable. I'm super excited to try a Stag when they come out in March

Beast - Boatman - Northman - Stag

My longest throws have been with the following: star roadrunner, star & champ beasts, surge & surge SS, wraiths, and lately broken in destroyers.

Ultimately I would go with wraiths. If you wanted, all your long D shots could be with wraiths in different stages of wear. And they have a great combination of speed, control and glide. There's a reason every company tries to copy it.

I do need to try a DD and a sword though.

Sidewinder because its flight is unrestricted and free.

Strikers. I have two Goldlines, 166g and 176g. Hopefully going to pick up a couple more soon. I think the additional accuracy is worth the short sacrifice in distance. Point and shoot.

definitely a tourney sword for me. super straight and extremely long. i can throw it very accurately and up too 400 ft

My longest throws have been with a champy beast. My favorite is my e star archon tho. The flight is so so beautiful and effortless. I don't bag either anymore tho. I'm throwing pd's and a star wraith for distance now.

Hmmmm.
This would include fairways..

I love the surge, I carry 4. 2 ESP 172 that I'm trying to wear in before the season starts. 1 172 z for all control drives. And 1 164 ESP for bombs.
I am starting to love the escape. Only have one. 168Lucid. I'll be getting a 175 lucid and 175 biofuzion.

And love predators. Carry two. Both 173 z. One older beat up one for longer wind and a new one for crazy wind needs. And skip shots.

FLAT *D destroyers! They are amazing! I carry 3 in my bag. Different weights/wear/flight characteristics.

Runner-up would be my 11x champ Teebirds! Very reliable, plus Teebirds can BOMB if I crank on them! I carry 3 of these as well. Different weights and a CAL.

Forces

I carry 3 or 4 with me consistently. A couple ESP, a Ti, and a Z that comes in and out of the bag depending on the weather/course. Once they beat in they become amazing. One of my ESPs and the Z are slightly beat so I can hyzer flip it and they glide for days. The other ESP and the Ti are both super overstable. These cover every distance shot I need forehand and backhand.

Right handed back hand and forehand I threw a couple Cannons. One beaten, for flip hyzers and one new. Now that I'm throwing lefty back hand(and considerably slower) I throw a extra gummy Valkyrie. Honorable mentions (RHBH/RHFH) include Pro(2) and Star(2) Destroyers, and of course my CE Tee-Bird.