• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What is your favorite distance driver?

Seems like there's a lot of OLF love here. I'm loving my awesome black 175g SOLF. Hyzer flip to flat and it'll go dead straight for days. Lost it the other day after a bad kick into a small ravine but someone found it and is returning it to me, rather pleased with this person

I alternate between whether I prefer Wraiths or Destroyers on like a weekly basis. They're basically the same disc, but the Destroyer is faster...great for the wind, but I guess I'm not quite good enough to stretch that Destroyer more than 10 or 20 feet past my Wraith.

But I'm also loving my new Westside King....grrr too many awesome discs!

I have to stay my VIP King, I love how it just hops after a flat throw. Not my disc I throw the most, but I do love the crap out of it

Right now

Saint & Teebird - BH, used teebird more in the past, using saint more now
Firebird - FH and BH's that i need to fade like crazy.

165g Solf, it goes far and exactly where I want it to go. I don't think there is another disc that can do both of those things as well as the solf can.

pro katana. like it a lot but im starting to change my throwing motion (naturally, not trying to) and its altering my katana throws. I want to upgrade to rivers and saints though. I really like the look of Lat 64 discs.

I'm really liking my rivers and my saints. If I had to pick I would say the river. Also the villain was a nice surprise, definitely my favorite overstable driver.

You nuke throwers really need a legacy cannon, it will totally change your opinion of a good max d driver. I liked nukes, then legacy and lat made discs that make a nuke look like a joke. This coming from someone who throws only discraft.

Pinnacle cannon ftw!

surge i usually have a 164 esp and z 165. I add a z 167 somtimes for course i throw more fh on.

Yeah it's kind of hard to figure out what exactly constitutes a distance driver. Discraft has discs like the Avenger SS that they call "maximum distance", yet they're identical in speed to a speed 7 or 8 by Innova. If you're talking about anything over a mid? Well it's still hard to say because I don't really have a favorite. I keep different discs for different situations, so I have different favorites for different lines.

Latest posts