• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What is your favorite distance driver?

I gave up Distance Drivers for the most part, but the two I'm playing with to re-incorporate into my bag are

DD Escape
Discraft Flash

Both of these were discoveries from misprint packs that I found work well for me. Escape is incredibly, subtly, glidey, long without being wide rimmed or hard to throw. Flash is just super straight and long for me, effortless to throw. Would have never bought it myself, but I can't argue with the results I'm getting.

the escape can really bomb for a fairway driver!

When it's pure distance I need, you know it's time to....

Tern it up!

Yeah it's kind of hard to figure out what exactly constitutes a distance driver. Discraft has discs like the Avenger SS that they call "maximum distance", yet they're identical in speed to a speed 7 or 8 by Innova. If you're talking about anything over a mid? Well it's still hard to say because I don't really have a favorite. I keep different discs for different situations, so I have different favorites for different lines.

The Avenger SS is faster than that, it has identical rim width to a Valkyrie, and seems to go even faster (it goes farther for me than that, the Beast or the Orc), most retailers that have universal flight charts similar to the Innova one give it 10/5/-3/1. Great discs for tunnel shots and turnovers, however for absolute pure speed I have a first run Evo Hpp Slayer and that is a very underrated disc among it's warp speed contenders.

Definitely the Wraith. I've got four in my bag now (giong to cut down to 3 soon). For my arm right now, the more beat one flips perfectly into a nice S-curve and the more stable ones hold their hyzer quite well :thmbup:

Quasars.

I've found them to mold up consistently, fly reliably, and go far. Nothing else has given me the combination of distance and consistency they do, and once they break in some they can shape some pretty mean lines.

I carry two typically, a fresh more overstable Quasar and a beat to hell flippy. I'll add a second stable one if I'm playing a long course where I expect to throw them a bunch, but few holes warrant a speed 13 for me as it is so two is plenty day to day.

Surge

I throw Nukes Too, but only on open shots which are rare around here. I carry two ESP Surges at 173ish one partially beat for flip hyzer backhand/forehand the other almost new for hyzer and hyzer bombs. As I said I throw them forehand and backhand.

Destroyer 160-170gm

I currently carry a Blizzard Champion (159gm), Star (168gm) and Champion (171gm) in my tourney bag. The Champion (171gm) gets the most work.

Tern and Mamba. One of each. There's a couple big right turns on the course I've been playing most often lately, and my.beat champ Mamba just fits the shot perfectly. I only recently started with the Tern, but I've already cut a few perfect lines with it. Fantastic discs.

Latest posts