• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your most expensive disc you have lost?

The most expensive disc I've lost is a stock stamped Neutron Clash. So.....$15?

Expensive/fancy discs, in my humble opinion, are just flat out dumb. I said it and I stand by it. Hate me if ya want. But they are.

I don't know where to start.

Lost a super pearly champ Aero, a few pfn Destroyers and Wraiths, 11x Teebs and Eagles. The Aero was the only one that was extra valuable at the time I lost it though.

I've broke more expensive discs, stupidly using them when its to cold, than lost. 2nd run ce TL, 10x kcp teebird and a proline gremlin were the latest. I gave my brother in law a sweet candy pro jk valk, when I visited my sister in Anchorage, which he lost on the first throw. The next day I proceeded to loose an opaque pearly 11x eagle. Alaska disc golf in a nutshell, so much shule you're bound to loose some plastic.

Left an old double-stamped CE QMS on Hole 8.
Went back 15 minutes later and it was gone.
Wasn't really that valuable, but I'd pay some good money to get it back.

Left a CE Polaris on Hole 16, didn't remember until the next day.

I stopped throwing collector plastic after that.
The heartbreak was too much...

Left an old double-stamped CE QMS on Hole 8.
Went back 15 minutes later and it was gone.
Wasn't really that valuable, but I'd pay some good money to get it back.

Left a CE Polaris on Hole 16, didn't remember until the next day.

I stopped throwing collector plastic after that.
The heartbreak was too much...

Lost the QMS on 8??? Did you check in the hole? :p

(Sorry about that.)

DIscraft Stratus. Got it for $50 with my first PDGA membership. Lost it on the first throw. it was black, so I'm not surprised.

Most expensive? I don't really know...maybe $16?

I definitely lean towards the idea that discs are consumables, so I don't carry anything of value.

The most expensive disc I've lost is a stock stamped Neutron Clash. So.....$15?

Expensive/fancy discs, in my humble opinion, are just flat out dumb. I said it and I stand by it. Hate me if ya want. But they are.

To be fair, most of the discs people are talking about losing weren't expensive or fancy when they bought them. The Sexton Firebird I lost was not hard to get or expensive when I bought it...

Most costly? CE Teebirds and Valkyries (other similar stuff too).

Most personally valuable? My first 08' Worlds Drone. Tough par 4 dogleg left to straight with steep downhill on the left of the fairway, leading to what looks like the bog from Lord of the Rings. Over a year later (two maybe?) I get a call...coincidentally I'm playing that same course at the moment. Dude says, "I have your Drone!" and I check my bag. "No sir I have my yellow production run FLX Drone with me" and he politely exclaims I'm talking about the wrong disc. Eventually got it returned and I still throw it to this day - that had to be a good 5+ years ago. Forever will it have stains on the bottom, couldn't care less.

Since then I've dyed it pink (they're all white):

mF01XcZ.jpg

rclOcv3.jpg

Lost an Ace race Impact, not a problem was outside the weight set that works for the mold 169-174 grams, mold was 176 grams so it did not have the right glide for the mold. I had for a while only one Ace Race Impact at right weight until I bought one in 2016 then several in mid 2018 due to mold going oop.

Also lost an old pre 2005 dark red Pro D Magnet that was new where the disc was the stiff plastic, at the time in 2008 the mold was valuble due to Clutch not being made yet in stiff plastic

Now unless a power player, the Impact was bad over 176 grams due in part to lacking glide but under 169 grams the mold was not great for 90% of players as then the Impact mold in ESP flew like a Foxbat flight path if powering the disc.

Last edited:
Lost an Ace race Impact, not a problem was outside the weight set that works for the mold 169-174 grams, mold was 176 grams so it did not have the right glide for the mold. I had for a while only one Ace Race Impact at right weight until I bought one in 2016 then several in mid 2018 due to mold going oop.

Also lost an old pre 2005 dark red Pro D Magnet that was new where the disc was the stiff plastic, at the time in 2008 the mold was valuble due to Clutch not being made yet in stiff plastic

Now unless a power player, the Impact was bad over 176 grams due in part to lacking glide but under 169 grams the mold was not great for 90% of players as then the Impact mold in ESP flew like a Foxbat flight path if powering the disc.

I did get a call about a guy finding my Pro D Magnet but they took my disc after asking if I now lived in town, they did not want to use several stamps to send the disc to me or a special single stamp. I would have payed the money for the stamps back to the guy, the disc was prized for the stiff for so long the price for a new disc was so high in the $50 at the time of loss. Now I use Jawbreaker and a Titanic in Proline. The Proline Titanic is still low priced even for premium putter discs due to so few wanting a Magnet like disc in a premium plastic even for throwing.

I hit my first ace in April 2010 with a super beat proto-star destroyer that you could barely make out the proto star stamp or the "SD" on the bottom. I had no idea they were valuable at the time. It was my go-to destroyer from 2009 through 2011 when I lost it during a doubles round. I drove 45 mins back to that course almost 3 days in a row to hunt for it, but it was never found or returned.

I went online to try to find a replacement to buy and that is when I found out it was worth a lot more than I was willing to pay to put a replacement back in my bag. AJ destroyers took its place, but I only have 1 3-line AJ destroyer left in my bag now after my last 2-line AJ took a swim in a lake at a tourney a couple years ago. :doh:

I lost my first ace disc. A FLX Avenger I had in my bag longer than any other disc I've had. Lake Amador Campground course. It was my first time playing the course and I went to spike a hyzer next to the basket on hole 4 or 5. I didn't know there was a swampy pond a foot past the basket.

Multiple CE discs in the early 2000's (CE Teebirds, Valkyries, Eagles, Firebirds). I was still learning the game and played on a lot of tough wooded courses. I lost two CE Valkyries in the same round at Seneca once. The most valuable were probably my 2001 USDGC CE Valkyrie and my first run CE Firebird. They both met their demise in Paw Paw. I really miss both of those discs...

Latest posts