• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your pre/post disc golf meal?

Wally

Par Member
I was wondering what you dgers eat before and after you play. I tried to eat at least 1000 calories before I go out and play 18 holes. When I get back, I get some fast food for another 1200 calories or so to refuel. Any special disc golf recipies or delicacies? I try to stay away from eating on the course.

that sounds like one hell of a lot more calories than a single round could possibly burn.

I'm a fat guy, so I might eat that much, but it doesn't mean I should. Some people can eat like that...I can't take it.

I often bring a submarine sandwich, eat part before, part after. Lots of water.

\/\/

My girlfriend and I usually go to the local ice cream shop after a round.

For just a round or three I don't really do anything special, when we play all day though we tend to eat a big carby breakfast, snack all day with big sandwiches for lunch, then something with lots of protein like a burger or brats for dinner.

The lesson I've learned is try not to eat food with copious amounts of sodium in it. One day after meeting the family for sushi I went out to play a round and had to stop after 9 holes because I was so dehydrated. I usually take a bottle of water and a bottle of vitamin water/gatorade - but I finished both by the 6th hole that day.

I try to either eat a couple hours before a round - or lighter fare if it's right before leaving to play. After I get done though, it's on - I'll eat anything in sight.

I was wondering what you dgers eat before and after you play. I tried to eat at least 1000 calories before I go out and play 18 holes. When I get back, I get some fast food for another 1200 calories or so to refuel. Any special disc golf recipies or delicacies? I try to stay away from eating on the course.

Damn man, if I tried eating that many calories before and after disc golf I would gain weight very quickly :) I gota find me one of those super fast metabolisms.

My snack of choice of disc golf is usually a peanut butter sandwich (~300 calories). Though, a good beer come into play depending on the night as well....especially after a good round :)

Jimmy Johns just hits the spot after a round of flinging the flying plastic. But really, it totally depends on whether I'm going at 8am, 12:00pm, 3:00pm, 7:00pm... I guess before hand I usually just have cereal, a sandwich, or whatever I have for dinner.

i just eat normally before play. afterwards i'm usually pretty hungry and stop somewhere to eat

i always take some flavored water with me and eat som peanut butter crackers during the round to keep energy up.

If we're talking a two round tourney (e.g. all day):

I'll start with a strong cup of coffee, eat 3 eggs over easy on toast and a banana for bregs and take a cup of coffee to go.

Water, water, water.

Lunch is usually some kind of sammich, usually something I can grab quickly like a five...five dollar...five dollar foot looooong...and an apple or banana.

Water, water, water.

Afternoon is usually whatever I have left from lunch, some fruit, pretzels, etc. and beer...because I earned it.

On two round tourney days I try to stuff myself before I play at breakfast. I drink water during the round and maybe a snack bar or something towards the end if I get hungry. I then try to find a delicious WaWa sub between rounds. Hamburgers and hotdogs just don't work for me. I have an energy drink and then its water for the second round. Being a male, I tend to have beer after the round is over, but I seldom drink before or during a round and never in tourneys.

eats

Luckily I have a convenient store on the way to the course.
My pre round snack is usually the big jack links kc bbq jerky. One red bull. I also buy two liter bottles of water for the course. I drink both during the round. Shore Acres has a water pump and I fill the bottles for the next round.
After I play 2 plus rounds, I crush whatever is quick and convenient, but most likely a sandwich or burger.

Biz
Team Bert

one time i ate a bunch of wings before i played a round in the hot texas sun. i almost puked after 8 holes.:doh:

I usually "carb load" before something strenuous like basketball, and I swear by it, but for DG, nothing special. My most holes in a day is 27, though. Any more than that and I might have to find a way to carb load my right arm. Getting old sux.

If I am playing early in the morning, my wife will usually make me pancakes and bacon, so I have a full stomach, and don't get hungry on the course. After I play, I usually go home , and find something. On occasion, I will stop and grab some fast food.

When I play Jack Brooks Park in Hitchcock, TX, I leave and my wife and I usually head to Galveston 10 miles away, and eat at our favorite restaurant.

Jack Brooks Park is 60 miles from my home, but its my favorite course, so when I go, I just make a day out of it.

Latest posts