• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What kind of bag should I get?

progolfer33

Bogey Member
Last year, I made the mistake of getting a bag that is now way too small. I currently have 12 discs and I'm sure I will pick up a few more this year. So, I am looking for some suggestions on a quality bag that has the capacity for about 20 discs. Ample water storage is also important because of how often I take my dog. Thanks.

Fade Tourney is a good value for the price. It holds about 20 discs if not more, plus it has 2 drink holders as well as ample storage space

fade tourney bag i have 22 and 2 in the putter pocket i can actually put 3 in there but i dont like too

Fade Tourney is a good value for the price. It holds about 20 discs if not more, plus it has 2 drink holders as well as ample storage space

I got a fade crunch box which is an excellent bag for me as I don't want to carry more then 12 discs. Quality is great and price is great. The Fade Tourny might be what you want. There are other companies out there and you certianly could pay quite a bit more, but i dont know if this is necessary.

you may like either the Gorilla Boy Squirrel Monkey or the Revo Mini Deluxe. they both hold about 12-15 discs and they both have TWO drink holders. you don't have to carry all of your discs when you play. If I had to carry every disc I own while playing I'd need a shopping cart.

I will admit I am somewhat of a cheapskate. Yesterday, I stopped by Academy Sporting Goods because I heard they carried disc golf stuff. There selection was pretty pathetic, but what they did carry was incredibly cheap. I picked up an Innove Deluxe Bag (15-20 discs) for $35. Probably not the best bag on the market, but the price was right.

I will throw out the Gateway Ozark Backback. It has so much storage. I have comfortably put 30 discs in there before (never carry that many...just wanted to see). It also is super comfortable on my back. I had a Fade Tourney with quads before the Ozark and never did like the feel of it on my back...it always sat funny on me. And it was way more difficult to throw the quads up on my shoulders than the Ozark backback. The quads always got tangled up on me for some reason and I never have any problems with the Ozark backback. It also has been very durable...looks new still. Doesn't get alot of press but I highly recommend it.

Depends on the price you want. You said you want "quality". The Fade Tourney bag is the best bag out there for the price IMHO. I've got one myself and it's probably the best value in disc golf. I'll be real though. The Revo Carolina bag would be my first choice if money wasn't real...and if they'd fix the darn water holders. I know, I know you can just modify it yourself, but I still can't figure out why they won't alter such an obvious flaw.

Anyways, Fade Tourney gets my vote for what you're looking for. :thmbup:

I'm surprised MB hasn't popped in here touting the Innova Competition bag. It has two drink holders and it appears to be okay. $55+/- is the going rate I think. I think my next bag purchase will be the Lat64° Pro Bag, just need to research it a tad more.

you may like either the Gorilla Boy Squirrel Monkey or the Revo Mini Deluxe. they both hold about 12-15 discs and they both have TWO drink holders. you don't have to carry all of your discs when you play. If I had to carry every disc I own while playing I'd need a shopping cart.

I used a Squirrel Monkey for awhile and I'm really not a fan. It was great during the winter when I had pockets, but it doesn't really have ample room to put a cell phone, wallet, keys, etc away in while you're playing in shorts.

Strangely enough, I think the more basic small bag from GB might be a better buy. I do think GB in general is great...I have a Silverback that I'm using now. But the Squirrel has very little storage room beyond the disc compartment.

If all you need is 20ish discs, lots of water, and some storage...get a FADE Tourney bag, and either the FADE rain guard straps or Phenix quads or Innova backsavers. If you want more storage than that I recommend the Lat 64 Pro bag. It's like a FADE tourney...with some GIANT pockets.

\/\/

I've had the innova standard bag for 5 years. Bought it freshman year of college, and would play about 2-3 times a week all the way through graduation. I'm working now, and started to get back into disc golf, I've picked up some new discs and I needed a bigger bag. The standard bag was pretty much still in great shape. a little faded yeh, but all in all I was really surprised by the durability. I recently purchases an innova competition with the back savers and I gotta say i'm very happy with it. I was going with either it or the fade tourney, but the quality and material just seemed a whole lot better than the fade. Oh... and I sold my standard bag for $15 to a fellow disc golfer. pretty awesome since I spent $25 on it 5 years ago. Too bad my cars dont hold value like that. =(

I think my next bag purchase will be the Lat64° Pro Bag, just need to research it a tad more.

I know a guy who has one...holy crap that thing is huge. But, you could store a small RV in it...

My wife loved the side putter pocket, I loved the enormous front pocket.