• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What kind of eviroment?

What kind of area

• Mountains, rivers, rain (NW)

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Open, slightly hilly, humid (FL area)

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Desert, heat, dry, Open (TX)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Heat in the summers, snow in the winters, Great lakes area

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

EclipticOne

Birdie Member
I wanted to know what kind of area (mountains, flat lands, forest, desert, snow, sunny and opressively hot) that you like to play in. I personally like the mountains and weather around the oregon area. I like adversity and beauty that belongs to this area. Plz post your opinion and why...

PS. i was raised in alaska so this area is pretty mild imho.

I would like to try them all!!

I like a combination of forest, hilly, and open so far.

Like to golf in or have to golf in? I've love to golf in mountains, but I'm stuck in flat Chicago...

I love more wooded area that way when I suck my drive I can blame trees and not me...

Unfortunately I live in Houston, so hot and flat is what I live with - but if I had to choose I believe playing in places like Colorado, Oregon, Northern California, and Washington are the best. Not too hot, pretty green most of the time, and good elevation. Ahhhh....sorry - went into a daydream for a moment.

Green and hilly with trees.

And it's environment, not eviroment. Also, I think you mean diversity rather than adversity.

LOL - obviously not from the midwest where the preferred options might be hot summers, wooded, technical, and on a cliff side like ROSEDALE DOWN UNDER :D I can't wait to go play again and take pictures now that foliage is in! This has got to be one of the best courses ever!!!

I'll take the mid west. Here in St. Louis I have the options of hills or flat, either open or wooded. Lakes, creeks, sometimes mud holes. Heavy unforgiving brush with small openings. One particular hole that I like is through some trees that are loaded with Honeysuckle. As the spring goes on the openings get smaller. By the end of summer you'll have two 10' wide slots that are about 50' out. If you miss you're down in a deep overgrown rut.

None of the above, I'll take the gentle rolling hills of the Piedmont, NC with its lovely deciduous trees.

sorry bout the spelling lewis. when i type i just kinda see what my mind says but that is not always what comes out. i just kinda see what i type is just a correct spelling. enviroment is horrible though :( i am only 6 years out of school but i bet you guys can tell i was a math/science person and just got like C's and maybe B's in my english classes... i also did better in french and spanish then english :confused:

I live in the mountains, most courses I play are 6000+ elevation. Lots........ and lots of trees and rocks. Elevation on most courses and some water. Did i say a lot of trees.

Latest posts