• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What kinds of players do you like to play with

Easygoing (not intense) players who are better than I am and could show me stuff I wouldn't have thought of. Preferably good conversationalists who are encouraging but not in a way that feels patronizing. And I prefer to play with nonsmokers, since I don't like inhaling or smelling smoke.

If i'm in a competition, i don't like being on a card with noobs. I don't like playing with people who talk non stop either.

Self-deprecating.

Players who are serious about doing their best.....yet not too serious about themselves.

Guys who are competitive, but like to bullsheet and have a good time! Not a big fan of playing with people who just throw " doesnt try" and is like ohhh well I dont care etc........

I don't like playing with people who take forever, I don't mind slowing the pace down when you're in groups but when somebody is just standing there looking completely lost as to who is supposed to go next when it's them... i get aggitated.

I also don't like it when someone is having a bad round and then they just start chucking it and going in to the i don't even care anymore mode.. that **** pisses me off. for this reason i can no longer play with one of my best friends because he's completely non-competitive when he's losing.

I do like people that are competitive but not i'm an ******* competitive, although those people just make me want to beat them even more.

basically anyone who understands sarcasm is okay in my book.

People who know that there's an appropriate demeanor to display for every time and place.

People who are being a bit too jocular in a sanctioned tournament while I'm trying to concentrate tend to irritate me, as do people who get cranky when they don't draw a good partner for flip/random dubs at league.

Casual rounds with casual people.

people who get cranky when they don't draw a good partner for flip/random dubs at league.

People that do this piss me off, royally. We have all been the new guy at some point, and those elitist pricks seem to forget that.
I like drawing the new/less talented guys. It gives me a chance to show them that not everyone that can play is a a-hole. I tell them right off the bat; "Play like you normally do, and don't worry about letting me down. I'm here for fun, winning is only a bonus." It gives me a chance to prove myself, as well. There is nothing like winning with a Rec partner, especially when it is their first time cashing.

I have kicked a bag or 2 in my day I admit it.....but its usually pretty funny

The guy I hate playing with is Mr headphones guy.....I am tempted to start talking about him in front of others I mean its like he is not even part of the group.....I really hate mr headphones guy....so much so that it throws my game off (not hard to do)

It's more like what kinds of players do I not like to play with. Ridiculously slow players kill me. I don't mind in a tourney or competitive setting, take all the legal time you want but in a casual round just throw already. The "crap, I messed up, let me try this instead" Mr. multiple disc throwing guy kills me. I don't mind an occasional toss but every other hole gets annoying. Mr. "Help me find my faded tie dye disc every other throw" really pisses me off.

Lastly, really quiet people are awkward b/c I'm generally pretty quiet and two quiet people can be an awkward round. Beer helps this immensely.

All that being said, I'll still play with anybody b/c disc golf is too much fun and disc golfers are easily my kind of people.

Latest posts