• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What molds have you tried this year and rejected?

Kinda off topic, I'm seeing the Fuse listed a few times. What do people like as an understable mid? I've tried an m5, Fuse, and Flying Squirrel, hate the m5, and the FS is too long, so I've settled on the Fuse, but as people said it's inconsistent. What's good in this slot?

Kinda off topic, I'm seeing the Fuse listed a few times. What do people like as an understable mid? I've tried an m5, Fuse, and Flying Squirrel, hate the m5, and the FS is too long, so I've settled on the Fuse, but as people said it's inconsistent. What's good in this slot?

I throw a M4 as my understable mid

I didn't care for the Fuse because it has too much glide for a mid which made it too hard to control distance. It is also angle sensitive. Ended up being far to inconsistent all around for a mid. Same reason I dumped the Meteor.

I've been playing a bit with a Champion Panther for this slot, but my beat KC Roc is going to be hard to beat. I noticed my form greatly improved this year and I no longer seem to reach for or want to use any out of the box under-stable fairways or mid discs.

I might like to try a Comet if I come across one when I'm in the itch to try another disk. I keep hearing so much about this disc, need to see what all the fuss is about.

F5- more stable than a F3. Confusing.
Sorcerer- flew different every time I threw it. Groove-like :)
Teebird3- found out I don't like gstar plastic
Underworld- I wanted a turnover driver just not this much turn.
Tern- doesn't do anything my D4's do better.

Did you actually throw any MVP/Axiom plastic. If so why do find it so necessary to go out of your way to bash them. Just curious why they make you so butthurt.
If you look at his bag thread, there's really no reason for Streets to be on forums, at all. You couldn't build a more whitebread bag than that, and he's not gonna change his mind on anything, and he certainly doesn't contribute. Users that worthless just have to exist.

Did you actually throw any MVP/Axiom plastic. If so why do find it so necessary to go out of your way to bash them. Just curious why they make you so butthurt.

I did actually throw them, hence why I posted in this thread. I'm not butthurt at all, I just don't think their discs and the magical "GYRO" is what everyone builds it up to be.

honestly i kinda feel the same way about the company. very non-special to me, minus the anode is cool.
I think for me, MVP is just way too much spin required to do anything magical. Try to play with finesse, and they just drop like bricks. (compared to other companies of course, it's all relative).

and every single mvp disc leans more towards the overstable spectrum. it's just not for me. I prefer to use 100% touch for almost all shots, and this is not a very touch company to me.

Exactly. Glideless. Why throw a Tangent as hard as I can only to have it drop like a brick, when I can throw a Comet 70% and go further on a dead straight line?

To each their own. I don't care who likes them or doesn't, I just wonder why someone would go out of their way to hate on them. It's what I got started with and it was hard to go back to non over molded discs. It's been paying off for me, helped my form develop. There are a lot of great discs to choose from these days, which is awesome. I personally don't feel the need to trash the ones I don't throw every chance I get. Again, to each their own

dawson-crying.png

he's just giving his opinion.
you called it bashing.
it's ok to hate/love a disc/company. i think that's still allowed in america, for now...

Bingo.

We'll agree to disagree. I'm not on Innova threads saying their plastic is terrible. Your just not seeing it man, but it's cool, this is America and you can have your opinion and he can have his and I can have mine. Soooooo... disc golf is awesome.

O I also tried the Teebird3 and it sucked. Why would Innova make a non glidey Teebird? Happy?

Dropped -> Added
----------------------------------------
Cannons/Worlds(almost) -> giants
Stilettos -> in favor or having an enforcer
Saint Pros/Escapes -> PD/teebird
Truths -> buzzz
Harps -> zones

If you look at his bag thread, there's really no reason for Streets to be on forums, at all. You couldn't build a more whitebread bag than that, and he's not gonna change his mind on anything, and he certainly doesn't contribute. Users that worthless just have to exist.

White+Bread.jpg

What's wrong with white bread?

What's wrong with white bread?

Nothing's wrong with white bread, unless you spend all your time on the bread forums hating everything that isn't white bread. Aviar/Roc/Teebird discussion has pretty much run its course, so what can you contribute here? Nothing but negativity.

He said trilogy sucked too, not just mvp. Opinions are opinions. I wouldn't let it bother you.

Forgot I tried the sword, too flippy, and the claws. Felt different than a polecat in hand and also the plastic was pretty bad.

Nothing's wrong with white bread, unless you spend all your time on the bread forums hating everything that isn't white bread. Aviar/Roc/Teebird discussion has pretty much run its course, so what can you contribute here? Nothing but negativity.

Marble rye is the worst ever.

I don't care which brands he hates, I'm saying being purely disruptive and negative is non-contributing, and that sucks.

This thread is inherently a negative thread. Did you read the OP? Or the title?

But how about more specifics:

MVP/Axiom: All have same reason. Glideless bricks. I always felt like I had to mash on them to achieve anything close to a flight rating. Why do this when I can achieve better lines at 70-80% power with other discs?

Trilogy:
Warden- not a bad putter, but nothing spectacular
Fuse - had a really flippy one and one that was too overstable for what this disc should be
Fugitive - another meh disc, not bad but didn't blow me away
Mace - Not a lot of glide
Witness - Not a bad disc, but again didn't blow me away
Escape - Not a fairway driver
Thief - see Witness
Claymore - nothing that my Buzzz/Comet couldn't do better
Shield - didn't add anything my Wizards weren't doing
Dagger - LOL
Saint - another meh disc, not bad but not great
Fury - I had a really flippy one and a really overstable one, no thanks
Truth - always felt like I had to mash it too hard
Suspect - is it a mid or is it a putter?

Is this ZAM approved?

ZAM, this is pretty uncharacteristically angry for you. I've always enjoyed your posts because you were able to keep your composure, and you're knowledgeable and one hell of an artist. Hope all's well with you.