• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] What plastic is similar to Innova Pro?

Olorin

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I'm looking for a new driver, and I am exploring companies other than Innova.

To narrow down the options I am researching: Latitude 64, Legacy, MVP, and Prodigy.

In these 4 makers what is their closest equivalent to Innova Pro plastic?

Latitude- looks like Opto. Gripline was also listed but is OOP. Is this right?

I don't know much about Prodigy's plastic blends, but among the other three you listed, I don't think any really compare to Pro plastic very well.

I think Legacy's attempt is Protege, and may be the closest to it.

Trilogy zero line/classic in non-putters is more like a cross between DX and Pro.

MVP doesn't have anything similar.

Legacy protege for sure, and if you want to try discraft, then X plastic

Opto is more champion the Pro, Grip was like a DX / champion blend, but it's OOP and really hard to find.
Currently the only CLassic molds are mostly putters.

Latitude also had a Test Run ( Bolt & Vision ) but it's on the softer side.

Unfortunately, the companies you listed don't really use their Pro-esque plastics for drivers. There are some TM (what became EZE) plastic drivers for Lat, but I don't think any of them made it into EZE production.

I think Prodigy had a few fairways released in 300S which might be your best bet.

I have a feeling I would love Patriots in Protege plastic, but I don't think it's made its way beyond mids in terms of speed.

MVP's supposedly working dilligently on a baseline plastic, but it isn't available yet.

Lattitude doesn't have anything like Pro. Opto = champion and Gold line = Star. I love Lattitude plastic and adore the Opto line, but it's nothing like Pro.

Legacy protege for sure, and if you want to try discraft, then X plastic

Discraft X is the only comparison I can think of. Star/Champion = Opto/Gold Line = Neutron/Proton and so forth. "Durable baseline" (for lack of a better description) is not really a blend anyone but Discraft and Innova have worked on. Personally I prefer ESP/Neutron/Star type plastics to Pro/X for most discs, but I'm addicted to X Comets so I understand that Pro type plastics have their place.

Millennium? :D

I'll second that even though I know it's not what you asked for in your original post.

PLS JLS OLF and OLS are all available in what is basically pro and are all pretty nice. OLF and OLS may not last as long as the others though.

I have a year old beat to hell PLS that is still very useful.

I don't throw much discraft but that is pretty much your only other option driver wise other than if prodigy makes something.

Lattitude doesn't have anything like Pro. Opto = champion and Gold line = Star. I love Lattitude plastic and adore the Opto line, but it's nothing like Pro.

Again, Lat 64 Zero Hard and DD Classic plastic for midrange's (Maces & Truths) and is somewhere between DX and Pro. It doesn't have the luster of Pro, but it has better durability than DX. Alas, no drivers.

I know you said not innova, but their g* to me is a more durable pro plastic. It has the grip, glide, and stability of pro with the durability of star. I have two pro destroyers and one g* destroyer and the only real difference is g* is more durable.

My Lat 64 Pure medium is grippy like R-pro. Not sure if Lat64 makes drivers in medium of just putters.

Latest posts