• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What putter do I need?

i love my omega ss it's not to floppy and i've yet to have a slide through w it i've had it since i've started playin about a year ago although i've felt a few others and they feels stiffer than the one i have

If you already tried the FLX Challenger and hated it, I'd give a Soft Challenger a try.

Anybody like the R-Pro Aviar?? I was using a standand P&A Aviar and i just wasn't feeling it, couldn't get into putting with it, so i decided to go and find a new putter by touch only. Found the D challenger, and an R-Pro Aviar. Liked the grippy firm Challenger and loved the soft grippy Aviar. However i find that the Avair is too floppy and dosent carry for long putts resulting in fading and i dont want to have to compensate in order to putt. The challenger i have to lay up with because of its similiarity to the P&A Aviar i started with.........any info would be great.

wizard. I use an organic wizard which is pretty firm but still doesn't roll very much at all after it hits ground. most of time if i miss it just sits there or if i throw it on approach or off tee it lands and almost like velcro to the ground

I really dont think you are gonna find a magic disc. they will all roll if landing just right. not sure if I agree on the fact of floppy putters not rolling as much because most of time when a floppy disc hits ground it flexes but then it has to react back so it is releasing energy back in the opposite direction. more of a luck result than a firmnesss result when your putter rolls.

You might want to try and get a soft and regular version of a putter. Use the soft version in the winter when it's a little more stiff, and the regular version in the summer when it's a little more flexible.

Picked up the super-flexible Blowfly, and have shot a few rounds with it. I like it for inside of 15-20 feet. Outside of there, it seems straight, but still prefer my Roc. The Blowfly seems to grab the chains pretty well, and is very quiet. No bounce outs or other surprises as of yet.

If your getting a lot of rolls, you may want to evaluate you putting style and not your putter. I have friends that like to hyzer putt which causes a lot of rolls. I hate soft putters, and I find that I am a lot more accurate with a stiff putter. I use a KC Pro Aviar. I use a version of the push putt method which has a flat release, and when I do miss, I am rarely far from the basket.

Any S Gateway putter, trust me, I slept at a Holiday Inn last night. Gateway putter most like a Challenger, hmmm, I'd say a Warlock.

banger GT is great in any plastic, the D platics are less floppy but still grippy.

the soft APX is a little soft...not as much as a magnet or anything.

The Putt'r is whacked out but fits the mold well and a great understable putter.

\/\/

They do make some Soft Magnets are are not flippy. Also, the Soft APX is a good choice.

I can't vote Titanic, because I don't use it for baskets on hills or slopes. I use my Soft Magnet

Any S Gateway putter, trust me, I slept at a Holiday Inn last night. Gateway putter most like a Challenger, hmmm, I'd say a Warlock.

He's right, trust me, I slept in a cardboard box last night.

I have been using an R-Pro Aviar all summer and love it.
Its floppy as hell though.

Go buy about 5 Wizards in the same weight. I went to Marshall Street and felt them all. SS was perfect for me. I bought 5 172 g discs and practice with them. I rotate them each time I play and I am now not missing any easy putts. My distance is also getting better. Find a place that you can feel a bunch of different discs in your hand and you'll know the right one when you feel it. Then buy the WIZARD!!!

Putter has to feel right in your hands, that's priority #1. If you need stiff plastic to get that confidence then that's what you should use. Periodically try a Challenger in a slightly softer mode to see if it can work for you but if it doesn't, stick with the CryZtal.

I used to use Soft Challengers, but just recently purchased 3 JK Pro Aviar-x and they are the perfect balance between softer plastic but with some firmness also. I found that they stick to the chains really well and are soft enough not to roll away too far. These are probably some of the best putters on the market.

I carry three different putters in my bag but most often reach for the pdga steady ed gumbputt...been great for loving chains and not rolling at al unless I hit the basket

If you get a d challenger or anything in D/DX plastic I highly recommend beating the snot out of them, my pro d banger gt was giving me more spit outs than I liked so I power drove it into the handball wall a dozen times. Now it grabs the chains better than a dominatrix. :D

Go buy about 5 Wizards in the same weight. I went to Marshall Street and felt them all. SS was perfect for me. I bought 5 172 g discs and practice with them. I rotate them each time I play and I am now not missing any easy putts. My distance is also getting better. Find a place that you can feel a bunch of different discs in your hand and you'll know the right one when you feel it. Then buy the WIZARD!!!

hell yes wizard ROCKS my socks OFF BIG time. just started using em this summer and been shooting my butt off. Also first putter I actually throw on approaches and find myself thinking. now how can I pull this drive off to get in wizard range..... or I should prob throw a mid but man where is my wizard. lol I have been throwing it far more than my mids this summer.